Got Cystitis...

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by Steelgoddess, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Steelgoddess

Steelgoddess Well-Known Member

And it hurts like a biotch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry: :cry:

Anyone else get this whilst ttc? Feels like im peeing razor blades. Doc has given my some antibiotics, I hope spermie got them in time as havent done anything since monday and obviously defo cant do anything now...

:cry:

2. elviedee

elviedee Well-Known Member

drink cranberry juice... my mum, my nan, great nan... everyone in my family including me swears by it

x

3. kabey

kabey Well-Known Member

Yep, I always seem to get it! :evil:
    Drink water non stop and it'll be gone in a day x

4. Slinky Sarah

Slinky Sarah Well-Known Member

Hi sharne, i know exactly how you feel Hun....had it a couple of weeks ago....turned into a full blown kidney infection with mine! I found drinking 2lts of water a day really helped me and i feel alot better in generall for it. I ended up with thrush after too so watch out for that.
    I wasnt lucky last month but my doctor did tell me to do a test cos it could be a sign....keeping my fingers crossed for you chick really hope its your month :hug: :hug: xxx
    Feel better

5. babydust

babydust Well-Known Member

try, i think its called, cranberry oasis powder made by canaeston it worked after about an hour for me

6. CB23

CB23 Well-Known Member

yeah the oasis stuff works for me too really quickly

:hug: hope it hasn't affected your chances :hug:

I think one of the factors can be bruising from sex if you do it when your bladder is full etc so not surprised people get it when ttc if that is true

7. kmac

kmac Well-Known Member

I sympathise. I just got rid of it - never had it before, thought I was actually dying. I believe it is more likely when ttc. I haven't let my husband near me since I had it. It's put me right off! Also my AF was 2 weeks late afterwards - maybe due to antibiotics?
    But yes, drink lots - Robinsons lemon barley water is quite good if you don't like drinking pure water.
    Hope you feel better soon.............. :hug:

8. reallyoldmum

reallyoldmum Well-Known Member

I've heard it can be a symptom too :D Sharne it will be worth it if you get your BFP :D

9. Steelgoddess

Steelgoddess Well-Known Member

Hell yeah! Tehe!!

x

10. choklatemunky

choklatemunky Well-Known Member

Sharne - all I can suggest is the same as the others really - loads of water or cranberry juice. I sympathise as it can be bloody painful -

Hoping its a good sign for you matey

11. mandspice

mandspice Well-Known Member

Aw, this is horrible - I had it loads when pregnant last time and after miscarriage. If you cant get any canesten oasis then a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in a pint of water does the same thing and it's much cheaper!

They don't recommend any of those products (inc the bicarb.) when pregnant though xx

12. Rosebay

Rosebay Well-Known Member

I swear by the bicarb! My midwives thought it was ok when I was pregnant with Mel...? They didn't seem to have ever heard of it mind you!

Cranberry juice is great as it stops the bacteria from sticking from the bladder wall or something like that. Also a tip is to put some hot water in whatever you're drinking so that it's warm as it's easier to drink more water if it's not freezing cold and you need to drink LOTS!

Take paracetamol for the pain though- that's ok if you're pregnant of course!

Hope you feel better soon

:hug: :hug:
    +++

13. Bagpuss17

Bagpuss17 Well-Known Member

I think I've got cystitis too :(

Never had it before but I have the symptoms, peeing all the time and a burning sensation. It's not too bad at the mo so will drink lots of water and cranberry juice today.

Hope it doesn't develop into a full blown water infection.