Got Cystitis...

Steelgoddess

Reaction score
And it hurts like a biotch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry: :cry:

Anyone else get this whilst ttc? Feels like im peeing razor blades. Doc has given my some antibiotics, I hope spermie got them in time as havent done anything since monday and obviously defo cant do anything now...

:cry:

drink cranberry juice... my mum, my nan, great nan... everyone in my family including me swears by it

x

Yep, I always seem to get it! :evil:
Drink water non stop and it'll be gone in a day x

Hi sharne, i know exactly how you feel Hun....had it a couple of weeks ago....turned into a full blown kidney infection with mine! I found drinking 2lts of water a day really helped me and i feel alot better in generall for it. I ended up with thrush after too so watch out for that.
I wasnt lucky last month but my doctor did tell me to do a test cos it could be a sign....keeping my fingers crossed for you chick really hope its your month :hug: :hug: xxx
Feel better

try, i think its called, cranberry oasis powder made by canaeston it worked after about an hour for me

yeah the oasis stuff works for me too really quickly

:hug: hope it hasn't affected your chances :hug:

I think one of the factors can be bruising from sex if you do it when your bladder is full etc so not surprised people get it when ttc if that is true

I sympathise. I just got rid of it - never had it before, thought I was actually dying. I believe it is more likely when ttc. I haven't let my husband near me since I had it. It's put me right off! Also my AF was 2 weeks late afterwards - maybe due to antibiotics?
But yes, drink lots - Robinsons lemon barley water is quite good if you don't like drinking pure water.
Hope you feel better soon.............. :hug:

I've heard it can be a symptom too :D Sharne it will be worth it if you get your BFP :D

Sharne - all I can suggest is the same as the others really - loads of water or cranberry juice. I sympathise as it can be bloody painful -

Hoping its a good sign for you matey

Aw, this is horrible - I had it loads when pregnant last time and after miscarriage. If you cant get any canesten oasis then a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in a pint of water does the same thing and it's much cheaper!

They don't recommend any of those products (inc the bicarb.) when pregnant though xx

mandspice said:
Aw, this is horrible - I had it loads when pregnant last time and after miscarriage. If you cant get any canesten oasis then a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda in a pint of water does the same thing and it's much cheaper!

They don't recommend any of those products (inc the bicarb.) when pregnant though xx

I swear by the bicarb! My midwives thought it was ok when I was pregnant with Mel...? They didn't seem to have ever heard of it mind you!

Cranberry juice is great as it stops the bacteria from sticking from the bladder wall or something like that. Also a tip is to put some hot water in whatever you're drinking so that it's warm as it's easier to drink more water if it's not freezing cold and you need to drink LOTS!

Take paracetamol for the pain though- that's ok if you're pregnant of course!

Hope you feel better soon

:hug: :hug:
+++

I think I've got cystitis too :(

Never had it before but I have the symptoms, peeing all the time and a burning sensation. It's not too bad at the mo so will drink lots of water and cranberry juice today.

Hope it doesn't develop into a full blown water infection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back