Goodbye little Leo

Discussion in 'Coping with Miscarriage & Loss' started by gemloulau, Aug 2, 2013.

1. gemloulau

gemloulau Well-Known Member

I never in my wildest dreams thought I would be posting in this section but here I am, heartbroken and I don't know how to handle the pain.

My beautiful little darling boy Leo was born sleeping at almost 22 weeks at 8.45pm this Wednesday.

I'd been told at my 20 week scan that I had very low amniotic fluid, too low for Leo to be developing properly. I was referred to a fetal medicine doctor the following week who confirmed that there was now no fluid and we had to make the decision to induce or wait until I miscarried. On Saturday I started going into labour but then it all stopped and I was sent home. On Wednesday my little angel was born - 375g so tiny.

I had a cuddle and said goodbye, he was so tiny and beautiful, just perfect.

The placenta wouldn't detach so at 3.30am I went into surgery. I lost a lot of blood and was kept in until last night.

Now I'm home and I don't know what to do or what to feel I'm broken and empty. It's just not fair. I left my little Leo all alone,

I want to go to sleep and wake up knowing it was all just a really bad dream

2. hellywelly

hellywelly Well-Known Member

Love and hugs. xxxxxxxxx

3. MrsHope

MrsHope Well-Known Member

My thoughts are with you. Lots of love xx

4. lisey

lisey Well-Known Member

I am so so sorry you are going through this. Thinking of you and sending you virtual hugs and love xx

5. Mummybexee

Mummybexee Well-Known Member

no words to describe how you must be feeling

So sorry for your loss, thoughts are with you and your family xx

6. leean10

leean10 Well-Known Member

Oh hun, I am so sorry you are going through this.

I am sending all my love your way xx

7. Robyner

Robyner Well-Known Member

Devastating news so so sorry, it's so hard.I lost mine little girl at 38 weeks, so do pm me if you want to Hun, if you need to chat or vent.
    Lots of love xxx

8. gemloulau

How in the world do people deal with these feelings? I've lost friends and family before but nothing could have prepared me for this.

I can't comprehend it.

Everyone says it gets easier, give it time but I feel so helpless, my whole world has tipped upside down.

For those that have had a loss, how have you all dealt with the pain and anger? I don't know what to do

9. MamaBee

MamaBee Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss, hugs xx

10. Heather85

Heather85 Well-Known Member

As I said before this is what happened to me, Ile tell you my story if it helps but don't wanna upSet you.

It was four years ago, and I still cry and get upset. I spent years going for baths to have a cry, the best thing I did was let it or my partner didn't and it came out when he was drinking. I threw myself into different things, went back to work two months later, we went ahead and moved into the house we had bought.

I also felt that talking about it when I needed to helped me as well, xx

11. C0606

C0606 Well-Known Member

My thoughts are with you xx

12. Heather85

Also the difference is you will have lost people before but they were involved in your life and you miss them and have memories. It's harder to get your head round cos you miss this little person so much but you never met them. My partner wrote a poem when we lost her (Rebecca) and the words of that still get me every time

Just shows you that you love them from the minute you know they ars there xx

13. gemloulau

Thanks Heather

I've been meaning to message you. I've just been letting the tears come, I had cuddles before they took him away but my husband didn't want to see him. He hasn't cried in front of me, he just holds me when I'm upset. I know he is hurting too, I can see it in his eyes but he won't shoe it because he doesn't want to upset me.

The hospital staff were amazing, they've given me lots of photos, handprints and footprints and a little box filled with poems and a little teddy bear. My husband didn't want to see any of that either. I hope he will one day, I feel like I have to keep the memory of Leo hidden away and it's not fair.

Did it take a long time for the hurt to stop?
    Xx

14. bbee

bbee Well-Known Member

I can't even imagine how you are feeling right now.
    I am keeping you, your family and beautiful little Leo in my prayers. Heaven gained a beautiful angel!
    If you ever need anything you know we are all here for you! Feel free to pm me at any time!
    Lots of love x x x x x x x

15. Heather85

I was the same, lots of cuddles with her. I've kept her photos private just for family to see, I may show them to Freya when she is older. Footprints were so perfect, I show them to people.

Pain never went away, it just got easier to get through day to day. I became obsessed with having another baby, but that didn't work out that way. I thought having another baby would stop the hurt, but it doesn't. I realised that its ok to hurt,it's ok to cry, and if yeArs down the line and you have a bad day then that's ok too. You lost a child, it's not meant to happen that way. People become so frightened to ask you how you are in case you cry. People I spoke to for years avoided me. But I'm so open about it I won't give anyone the chance to be awkward. She was my baby and Ile talk about her if I want xx

16. flisstebbs

flisstebbs Well-Known Member

So sorry Gemma, your situation is horrendous. I can only imagine the pain of a late loss, mine have all been so early that I don't think it causes the same level of pain.

Thinking of you.

17. Lydia

Lydia Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear about what happened to little Leo. Can't even imagine how you must feel. My thoughts are with you. xxxx hugs

18. Positive37

Positive37 Well-Known Member

Been thinking of u and am devastated for your.loss.of leo....truly so cruel.i can't begin to imagine what u are going through I can only send u a hug and may god watch over leo and heal your pain xxxx

19. Daley

Daley Well-Known Member

Really sorry to hear this Hun. Thinking of you at this difficult time xxx

20. Constantstar

Constantstar Well-Known Member

Aw hun x

mummy to ds 11/7/11
    pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13