Good thoughts needed please **Updated :)**

Kimberly

Reaction score
I've booked a scan for tomorrow night and I am really scared. I had a missed miscarriage at 10 weeks back in June and we found out at our first scan when the baby had no heart beat. I'm terrified that the same thing will happen again. My NHS scan isn't for another 3 weeks and I'm going crazy so we went ahead and booked a private scan.

I haven't had any symptoms other than sore breasts so I really haven't felt pregnant this time around. I've mentioned it before, but my midwife also told me that my baby was most likely dead because I flew to America before 16 weeks. I know there probably isn't any truth to what she said, but it's still been in the back of my mind. We had a scan at 7 weeks which showed our baby's heart beating away, but the last baby died after that so it really has me worried.

I don't feel like I could face another miscarriage right now. Please send some good thoughts my way. :hug: I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Kimberly said:
I've mentioned it before, but my midwife also told me that my baby was most likely dead because I flew to America before 16 weeks. I know there probably isn't any truth to what she said, but it's still been in the back of my mind. .

wtf, how could she say something like that. Cant she hear the heartbeat on the doppler?

:hug: :hug:
aww hunni try not to worry. Im sure your bean will be fine :hug:
she had no righ saying that to you at all...there is no proof of that so dont worry.
your in my thoughts chick and ill be sure to be about tomorrow to see how you get on.
good luck :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

If i was you id have told that sorry excuse for a midwife to go to hell both my GP and midwife told me it was safe to fly. Stupid women!!!!!
I know how you feel hon but dont worry i know thats harder said then done i lost my first baby at 10 weeks to. And i worry about every little thing with this preganacy though im further on. I will be thinking of you i'll be checking the site to see how you go. Fingers crossed sweetie
Sarah

I am sending you a lorry load of good thoughts. I hope everything is wonderful for you today. :pray: :pray: :pray: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank you for your support ladies. I'm at work right now and I can hardly concentrate. I keep thinking that not knowing is probably better than getting bad news. :cry: I'm going to do my best to be strong as there is nothing else that I can do to change the outcome, but I am so scared right now.

lauramumof2 said:
Kimberly said:
I've mentioned it before, but my midwife also told me that my baby was most likely dead because I flew to America before 16 weeks. I know there probably isn't any truth to what she said, but it's still been in the back of my mind. .

wtf, how could she say something like that. Cant she hear the heartbeat on the doppler?

I was only 9 weeks when I saw her so she didn't even try to use to find the heartbeat or anything. IShe just did my paperwork. I bought an Angelsounds doppler and have been using it since 10.5 weeks and I haven't been able to find the heartbeat myself. I think that's really made me worry more and I wish I had never bought it. I've been trying not to think about it as people keep telling me it's still early to hear the heartbeat, but I will be 12 weeks tomorrow and I would have thought I could hear it by now. That's what finally pushed me into getting the private scan. :pray:

Good luck for your scan, I'm sure you'll both be fine :hug:

I can't beleive the midwife said that! Thats a terrible thing to say to you and very likely untrue! Must have made you feel awful, ignore her, how can she work in a job that needs compassion and understanding then talk to you like that! :hug:

Hi hun how did your scan go? fingers crossed everything was fine :pray:

I just got back from the scan and everything is fine. :cheer: The baby was moving its arms and legs and even turned over for us. We saw its heartbeat too. I am so relieved and feel like I can finally relax a bit.

The baby is measuring 13 weeks and I'm only 12 tomorrow, but the technician said the baby looked great and she was happy with everything. I'm really looking forward to my NHS scan and seeing the baby again in a few weeks. Thank you ladies for all of your good thoughts. :hug:

im really happy all went well for you!!!! its scary been pregnant after a loss i know exactly how you feel!!!!!! congratulations :D

YEY i am so pleased for you hun!!

If i were you i would be putting a complaint in about what that midwife said to you as well, never heard something as ridiculous in my life, if pregnant women werent meant to fly before 16 weeks then i am sure as hell that the airlines would be putting warnings everywhere :evil:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back