Good quality dog/puppy food - sorry !!

Eveadel

Reaction score
Sorry, another doggie question can you advise a good quality food to feed my pup. She is currently fed on Pedigree puppy food but would prefer to feed a good quality food, any advice?

I feed harley on James welbeloved dry - don't rate pedigree chum as it's full of cr4p and makes the dogs hyper! I also used Arden Grange dry too :D

It depends on what you are looking for and your dog? Does it have an easily upset stomach? Are you looking for a dried food you can soak in a bit of water to release the flavour? Something for allergies?

I like James Wellbeloved dried feed. Its lamb and rice or turkey and rice kibble and is best when soaked in a bit of warm water before feeding. Its not cheap though, about double the price you pay for most brands. I think a 20kg sack is £30 plus. But some dogs don't cope well on it. Others do.

For my older dog I use Chudleys senior. £14 a sack and he does fine on it. It suits his needs and I never vary it.

Chudleys also do a wide range of feed for working dogs, young, old, etc.

I'd suggest going to your local feed merchant (not pet shop) and seeing what they have and reading the bags as to whats in them etc.

mine ar both on naturediet & would recommend it 150%

very good natural food & also great for there coats

pets at home sell it or direct from naturediet

:lol:

Bakers puppy food (dry). It has added vitamins etc and seems to be good quality. Slightly more pricey than other makes thought. I would always recommend dry food over moist food, good for their teeth, digestion, and less messy at both ends! :rotfl:

Scrambled egg and brown toast. Honestly, this is really good for growing pups and the puppy will develop a really healthy shiney coat. People comment on my labs coat and I put it down to the eggs I used to feed him usually once every 2 days for either breakfast or supper. I think ambrosia creamed rice is supposed to be good too and easy on their stomachs.

i would not feed pedigree if some one paid me lol

millie is on bakers complete , she has it dry

just remember to change slowly , mix the two type together gradually increasin the new brand , otherwise u may have some issues , spec if toilet training :rotfl:

It depends on the breed\size of puppy- different size dogs have different needs as they grow at different rates

We used the balers cos PDC made leo go hyper and his poo was nasty with it.

i cant stand any dog food, there all full of crap, we fed max on a BARF diet, just raw meat and bones, and he looked soooo healthy on it.

worked out alot cheaper to, and u become quite friendly with the butchers so they give you all the scraps for free

Wow thanks girls for the response.

Sherlock said:
It depends on what you are looking for and your dog? Does it have an easily upset stomach? Are you looking for a dried food you can soak in a bit of water to release the flavour? Something for allergies?

I like James Wellbeloved dried feed. Its lamb and rice or turkey and rice kibble and is best when soaked in a bit of warm water before feeding. Its not cheap though, about double the price you pay for most brands. I think a 20kg sack is £30 plus. But some dogs don't cope well on it. Others do.

For my older dog I use Chudleys senior. £14 a sack and he does fine on it. It suits his needs and I never vary it.

Chudleys also do a wide range of feed for working dogs, young, old, etc.

I'd suggest going to your local feed merchant (not pet shop) and seeing what they have and reading the bags as to whats in them etc.

I also think pedigree is crap hence why I want to change. I think they deserve the best start in life. I already have 2 dogs (beagles), my bitch is fed on a Burgess Sensitive (dodgy skin), the dog is fed on Wafcol so I would like the pup to be fed accordingly aswell.

I have been researching on the internet and it is a toss up between Hills, Arden Grange & James Wellbeloved

I would use either Hills or James Wellbeloved from your list. If the dog is going to be labrador sized or bigger use LARGE BREED puppy food to minimise the risk of growth problems. The other good make would be Eukanuba. They do a large breed too if you need it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back