good night

Hi Kayleigh,

I am so pleased that you got a better night!! I used to walk my little girl in the pram when she was colicy as it seemed to be the only thing that would stop the tears.

If you do still feel you need a bit of extra help in the day so you can get a sleep have you thought about hiring a doula for a few hours a day??

The idea of a post natal doula is to come to you for a few hours a day and help you with the baby and also help you around the house and let you get some rest so then coping with bad nights isn't half as bad. They will also help you with establishing a routine and give you tips on how to help a colicy baby etc. If you want to look at my website at the postnatal doula bit feel free www.doulasupport.co.uk

You don't have to be rolling in to have a doula - www.doula.org.uk have a list of doula's in all areas of the country so you can see who is in your area. They also work a hardship fund which means that women who cant afford a doula can still have one and the doula can claim her expenses from doula UK.

If you want to know any more than give me a shout and I can look into it for you if you like - hope you don't think I am interfering but you just sound like you need someone neutral to come and give you a bit of mothering and TLC, if you were closer to me I would come myself!! :wink: and I wouldn't charge you a penny.

Anyway hope things keep on the up for you hun

Much love

aww kayl thats great, glad you had a better night! doesnt it make a difference when youve had a good sleep? ( ok well not a good sleep but better than usual!!) Glad her colic has settled too!

steph x

Hi Kayleigh

So glad that Summer and you had a better night. Thats great.

I don't know if you have already tried this but my sister in law used to hold my nephew on her arm so that he was belly down rather than belly up, with legs dangling over each side of her arm, when he had colic.

Apparently he loved it and it would really soothe him.

I am yet to discover all about this colic thing (not looking forward to it).

Hope this helps

Yaaaaay! :D
I am gonna start up an appreciation society for Colief - as u know I use it all the time and its made a real difference for me too hurrah! I also put the Infacol in with the formula so he gets a real concoction of stuff but it seems to be working (crosses fingers AND toes!)
Doesnt everything seem only half as bad when your not such a zombie.
Am very pleased for u! xxxxxx

I have not tried this as Dom is only a windy boy but have heard of new mums who have tried cranial osteopathy for baby colic and it's worked. Here is some info I got off the BBC website for you:

Cranial osteopathy can be a part of any osteopathic treatment and is often used for sinus problems, headaches and head injuries. It's particularly effective for treating children, and even babies, with problems such as glue ear, colic, sleeplessness, or birth trauma, and this treatment is sometimes termed 'paediatric osteopathy'.

Here is the full info http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/healthy_liv ... cral.shtml

Funnily enough a friend of mine is about to start training as a cranial osteopath and she said that quite a few really good practioners will treat babies for free. I'm not sure how many this accounts for but it might be worth a go. Here is a link to a list of accredited cranial osteopaths that covers Wales:-

http://www.cranial.org.uk/notengland.htm

So glad you had a better night- long may it continue!

+++

Am using Boots own brand Gripe water as you can use it from 1 month and I used infacol first. Gripe water seems to work better, it's cheaper and Dominic likes the taste, but he does not have full blown colic.

Good luck with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back