good idea or bad idea ?

Joanne1982

Reaction score
hi ladies would just like a second opinion on this - i curently pregnant with my first baby and my younger sister is also pregnant and due to give birth in a few weeks time. I agreed that I would be there with her every step of the way and have been so excited about seeing the birth of my baby newphew.

A few people are now saying that it would be a bad idea to be present at the birth what do you think good idea or bad idea ?

I was my friends birth partner last year and it was a great experience. It didn't faze me at all and it was nice to hold the baby when she got herself cleaned up. A lot of people thought it was weired, but I was there supporting my friend and part of her special day which is something neither of us will forget. Midwives do it everyday and no-one thinks their strange lol
It,s only natural to want a woman there, and it,s alot better with someone you know

Last edited:
Ive been at the birth of all 4 of my nieces and nephews and 2 of my goddaughters and it was such a rewarding experiance, absolutely wonderful! xxx

I think this would be a wonderful experience although me personally, it would probaly worry me too much as I seem to worry at the slightest thing lol xx

yes I never had any doubts about being there but peopole are saying that because im pregnant and if she has a bad time of things it will just worry me about when i give birth.

she will have her boyfriend there as well but she thinks he wont be much use lol i would love to see someone else give birth before i do :)

Don't pay attention to what others say. If ur sister is happy to have u there, and u want to be there, I don't see the problem.
It would be a good experience for u and of course u know all labours are different so even if she has a bad labour, doesn't necessarily mean u will.

Enjoy the experience! Don't listen to anybody else. Do what u want :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Well if she does need intervention or have any problems, then you,ll get to see first hand how midwives work when a problem arises and you can be more prepared if anything happens to you. That's how I look at it, remember tho the majority of births go smoothly :)

Last edited:
I would love to be see a baby born :D I think its a great idea and you'll be seeing it from a different point of view. This may also help with your labour, to know what to expect and what not to do, etc x x

My friend watched her niece being born and said it was amazing (her sis didn't have a partner so my friend and her mum were there for her) and she had her son less than a year later. My mum felt very privileged to be at the birth of my son but found it hard to see me in pain and nothing that she could do. Maybe mentally preparing yourself for that part might be an idea!

I think it's a wonderful opportunity :D if I could see someone first hand giving birth before I do I would :D don't listen to what others say, it's up to you and your sister what happens xx

I think its defo your choice. I would do it, it would then put it all into perspective about how things are x

Heya, I think it is such an individual choice so it's comPletely up to you what you feel comfortable with. If your sister would like you there and you are happy to be there then why not? Just remember every birth is different xx

Last edited:
Omg what a wonderful opportunity I would love to be asked to be at the birth of one of my friends I don't think it would worry you I think it would be a good insight for you and good luck to your sister!!! Xx

I think if you feel happy to be there then you should ignore these people who are saying to you that it may not be a good idea.
I have been my friends birthing partner twice and was there when my nephew was born and it's a wonderful experience and I'd def say go for it!x

Wow, what a privilege to be asked to be there!

It can be scary as a third party looking in with little control over the situation, but you'll experience the most magical day of her life with her. Not to mention, see your nephew take his first breath. That's got to outweigh any potential scary bits!

Good luck to you both. xx

cheers ladies im definatley going to be there with her i think i would really regret it if i didnt ooo so excited now and of course i will get to see which pain relief works the best lol ;-) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back