Good books :-) ?

bbee

Reaction score
Not pregnancy related, i do apologise!

really in the mood to throw myself into a good book! just finished reading all the harry potters (sad i know) but oh my god i loved them! i'd actually look forward to bed time just to have a read and see how harrys getting on.

so now im looking to start reading another, does anyone have any recommendations?

im thinking about reading some Lee Child or Jane Austen, has anyone else read anything by these authors, if so, are they good?

i like thrillers, love stories, anything thats worth a read really! (not twilight or anything to do with vampires, find it so boring)

thanks ladies! :D xxx

Patricia Cornwell is good but quite gory, I am reading the Celestra series on my kindle by Addison moore (about angels if not too close to vampires), I loved the eternal eden trilogy by Nicole Williams good love story. Amanda Hocking is good her Trylle trilogy is good. Austen is good I also like philippa gregory historical based stories about the tudors and house of york. (I have varied tastes but must admit I love twilight and harry potter the more far fetched the better.

oo thank you! will deffo have a look!!xxx

I love anything by Marian Keyes or Cecelia Ahern, both really good at sucking you into their stories x

Game of thrones?

I like Jeffery deaver. He wrote the bone collector if you've not heard of him. There are a few books in the Lincoln rhyme series.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Have you read the Hunger Games trilogy? Technically aimed at teenagers, but I loved them - couldn't put them down! Also Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, or the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo if you like thriller type books x

I know how you feel! I LOVE Harry Potter!! I'm 28 and I'm not afraid to admit it :) read them loads of times. If you are into fantasy, read The Women of The Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong. That should keep you busy because there's 13 books and loads of novellas in between. Make sure you read them in order (start with Bitten) and do not be put off when the narrator swaps around (not in same books but different ones).

Also thoroughly enjoyed The Hunger Games trilogy xx

I've been reading loads by a couple who have written books together under the name nicci French, thrillers, all been really good if you like that kind of thing!! Xxx

Thank you ladies! will have a look!!:)xxx

I second the hunger games trilogy they are fab.

Sophie kinsella is very funny as is Janet evanovich both are chick lit type of thing u can read a first chapter on their websites if u want to get a feel for it. In terms of crime I love James Patterson particularly the micheal Bennett seriesand the private series and also love Patricia Cornwall and Matt Hilton for thrillers. Jenny colghan (sp?) Is fun to read as is Lucy Ann holmes for romance. Of course if u like a mix of romance and thriller try Nora Roberts such as the witness and the search both good books.

I love dorothy koomson she is fab anything she has written is fab but real tear jerkers!!!

Michelle. x

I always read true life and my fave author is cathy glass.
Have you ever read p.s I love you.
That book is amazing!
My OH LOVES lee child! He really rates the reacher books xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

Hunger games is a must! Other amazing books I've read are:
The book thief - Marcus Zusak
Girl with the Dragon tattoo trilogy - Larsson
Room - Emma Donoghue
Bird song - Sebastian Faulkes
Delirium - Lauren Oliver
Me before you - Jojo Moyes

Hope you find one that tickles you fancy! :) x

I liked the HP books too, they are great. Lee Child is good if a bit samey after a while. Try Matthew Reilly or Karen Rose, both really good authors x

Oh I love Rick Riordan aswell the percy Jackson books etc couldn't put them down.

i love anything by terry pratchett or anne mccaffrey. i will admit i also love the vampires too lol but if your not into them how about elves and faries? laurell k hamilton does a good series about those. or theres kelley armstrongs supernatural series, starting with Bitten, broken and industrial magic

Have you read the Hunger Games trilogy? Technically aimed at teenagers, but I loved them - couldn't put them down! Also Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, or the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo if you like thriller type books x

the hunger games books are brilliant...alot better than the film but still looking foward to nov to see the second instalment :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back