Good and Bad news at midwife appt...

Samsgirl

Reaction score
just been to midwife....

Blood pressure was up a bit for me to begin with but she did it again at the end of the appointment and it had gone back down to my normal levels.....so all okay there. Wee was fine too. I did mention my puffy foot but she said its just one of those things and especially cos there was no protein showing in my wee, then all was okay...

then the bad news.......measuring 43!!! so still huge.........she commented on how sorry she felt for me cos i am only little and have a very big and solid bump....to go along with my piles etc.......ha ha!!! oh and my bad back....then came the good news....

Boo Boo is finally engaged!!!! I knew it...cos i have been feeling so different all of a sudden and with the pain in my back and the bump dropping, I would have been very suprised if she had said it was still free....

So I have my scan a week today and another appointment with the consultant and then decisions will be made from then. she did say the fact its engaged is a good sign cos if babies are too big for our bodies to deliver then they usually dont even engage....so fingers crossed its not as big as everyone is worrying about!! C sections were mentioned again though...but will just wait and see what happens at scan next week.....she did say at least you know you have a healthy baby!......epidural all the way for me i reckon! .....

sorry its a long one xxx

ah great news hun try not to worry too much about the measurements, it is good that she was sayng if its too big they dont even engage, ya prob end p with a little 6 pounder lol

how come they waiting so long for your scan?

Sounds like mostly good news to me :) hopefully boo boo wont be too big at scan next week too :)

i had a scan at 33 weeks and then saw consultant at 35 weeks and it was him who said no need to scan again til 38+3 weeks....to be honest...i think its cos if its still measuring big, he will probably recommend induction or planned section......so they will want to leave it as near to 39 weeks as poss cos i know they dont like to do much til 39 weeks

i am wondering if i will go a week cos had more snot stuff today!!! lol...

oh yeah forot u had the other scan

oh you neer know hun, although the books say u can loose ur plug up to 2 weeks before but you have been feeling different so ya never know :)

yeah....we shall see though. not going to get my hopes up.....part of me wants the next scan so i know what i am in for..

or maybe going in blind is the way forward...lol x

awww im sure it will all work out, weve been taling a lot about babys in work and i was shocked to here hw many girls knew people who gave birth to huge babys without any hickups so hopefull if your is a little big it wont mean u cant have a normal birth xxx

hopefully hon.....i have scared myself watching OBEM....but at least i know what may happen and so its helped me decide how to look at things...

my back keeps going into spasm tonight........arrrggghhh. was just on phone to my mum and she thought i was having a contraction...lol..she got all excited saying 'they can start in your back you know'.......as i was owwwing and saying 'get this baby out of me'...ha ha

xxx

Last edited:
Did they say baby was big at the scan then? I'm measuring 5 wks ahead but measuring fine at scans so it's just me that the fatty lol I'm back on the 27th for another,

it was bang on the top line......so high end of average...if you know what i mean...i am also carrying a little extra fluid, cos its a big baby so that does nothing to help the fundal measurement

Awww that's mostly good news hon and the midwife is right - at least you know boo boo is a nice healthy baby. Sounds like they're taking really good care of you and the LO xxxxx

Sounds like good news :) are you going to ask for a mobile epi so that you can move about x

i hope its just more fluid cos hes gone engaged lol. good news tho hun and i hope it works out well for you.

Good news baby is engaged! Maybe you'll get to meet them soon!! Exciting

i hope its just more fluid cos hes gone engaged lol. good news tho hun and i hope it works out well for you.

had some more snot stuff today bev....lol..not loads but more than sunday x

Great news hun!! Hope he/she decides to show up soon!!

xx

Good news about being engaged and everything. My aunty (a midwife) says big babies come out easier as gravity pulls them down so maybe not a bad thing??!! I'm all for the epidural though!!! I wish I could book one now...

ive been lazy today and sat on my butt in my pj's writing my college assignment cos if Lyssa decideds to stay put i gotta hand that in next week. nothing major going on here today but i havent moved a lot. gonna get on my ball in a bit cos that does seem to make things move on a lil even if its just her head engaging a bit more

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back