gone back to square 1 :(

prettypenguin

Reaction score
So Charlie finally started sleeping through when he was about a month and a half, but for the past week and a half hes been waking up at 5am, 2am, you name the time he's been up. I tried to get him into a daytime routine, his feeds are 7,11,3,7,11 and then sleep through. His naps are roughly arounf the times of 9,12,3,6 so sometimes a little earlier sometines later. His naps are generally 30-60 mins, except from 12 he will sleep til 2/2.30, after his last nap I have tried bathing then feeding and letting him play to tire himself out a little, and he has ended up going to bed around 9 and waking up at 4am playing about with his dummy and I have had to sit there holding it in for ages, then up at 6.

Last night he fell asleep around half 7 in his crib and I tried dream feeding him, he had around 4oz(his usual is 7oz) and he then woke up at half 2, I went and got him 3oz and he fell back asleep around 4, then was awake at 6 again :( so tonight OH has gone over to manchester to stay over at his friends as theyre having a drink, and I just didnt even bother bathing or reading to Charlie as sometimes I think the bath keeps him awake and makes him overtired. This afternoon he woke up at half 2 went back down for a nap at 5, woke up at half 6 and I just fed him at 7, played with him and let him play by himself and he got niggly at around 9 so took him upstairs and put him to bed, he was asleep within minutes. Now I don't know what to do about his 11pm feed I'm thinking just leave it abd feed him when he wakes up but then will he keep sticking to that time? He used to sleep through 10-6 but then I'd always have him napping downstairs and he kept waking up every 15 mins and by 6/7 was really ratty....I just don't know where I'm going wrong, is he having too many day naps? I only ever put him down for one when he seems tired

...I'm at my absolute wits end, especially as I'm always the one getting up, and especially tonight as I'm on my own with him for the first time at night... please help guys I'm sorry its so detailed I'm just wondering whether anyone can see where I'm going wrong, I'm at a total loss now of how to do his routine, in what order and at what times :'(

Hi Hun, I don't have any advice but didn't want to read and run. If u don't get much response here (as it's quiet sometimes) might be worth posting in the girlie room, lots of mummies in there xx

Hi, that sounds like quite a lot of napping. How many hours do you think he sleeps in total during te day? I think my lo sleeps about 3 hours between 8am and 7pm. She then sleeps till I wake her for a feed at 10 and then she wakes up about 8am.

About 5 hours of napping i think. This morning he woke at 3.30 then every hour after, I gave up at 6 and put him in my bed on his dads side, he was grinning away, then got up at 7. This morning hes had a nap from 9 til about 15 mins ago, which is a long time but my fault as I was napping too and didnt wake up soon enough so I might cut down his naps today and see how he goes on less daytime sleep...hopefully he won't be cranky :( xx

It so difficult to know has right and Los keeping them awake can be a challenge. Good luck x

Thank you...well today he had his last nap at 5 for half an hour, woke him up, bathed him, read to him, let him watch a cbeebies bedtime story on my ipad then took him upstairs to our dim bedroom and fed him, he had all of it, didnt burp much and didnt sound that windy, and got him down to sleep no problem...for the whole of ten minutes! Kept fidgeting, crying when dummy fell out, kept going up to him as I dont like to leave him crying, and just ten mins ago he was screaming at the top of his voice so we left it 5 mins, and now OH has gone up to him. He went down at 7, and we've not picked him up yet (well OH might have now)...i know hes tired cause he was yawning when cbeebies was on waiting for his milk. Frustrating! Trying to eat here lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back