Going to try....

Emma58

Reaction score
Going back to work tomorrow.

I have been off 5/6 weeks with SPD/Sciatica and I really don't want to go back. I know i am going to struggle with the amount of walking and stairs I have to climb each day at work. Now added to that my low BP and breathlessness I'll be as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike!

I'm going to explain to my boss that I will find it hard and ask for an alternative if they can give me one.
I'm only going back because I have been put on SSP and I can't manage on that.

Good luck back at work! I went back for the first time today and got in for my lesson at 8.45 only to discover lessons don't start until 9.30 :rotfl:

I'm such a spanner! :rotfl:

The thing is I really, really, really don't want to go back.
I am quite happy pottering around my house keeping it all spic and span and getting ready for my little boy to arrive.

I am hoping they say they can't offer me an alternative then I can stay at home on full pay!!

awww em I felt the same (went back 2nd Jan) - when are you planning to go on maternity leave?

Em, it will be OK I promise.

I went back today and didn't sleep AT ALL last night, I tossed and turned, cried at 3am and woke my husband and then panicked this morning.

It's been fine today and I'm really glad I managed to come back. I'm really proud of myself.

Give it a go and if it's awful or you feel too stressed then go to your doctor and get signed off - but don't panic before you get there, it may be OK!

Best wishes hun :hug:

Not til the end of March. I'll be 38weeks then :(

I know if i went back to my GP they would sign me off but I just can't manage with the SSP.
My right hip has been really painful aswell this last week, I'll just tell them straight tomorrow I can't be going up and down stairs all day and backwards and forwards across the school campus.

debecca said:
Em, it will be OK I promise.

I went back today and didn't sleep AT ALL last night, I tossed and turned, cried at 3am and woke my husband and then panicked this morning.

It's been fine today and I'm really glad I managed to come back. I'm really proud of myself.

Give it a go and if it's awful or you feel too stressed then go to your doctor and get signed off - but don't panic before you get there, it may be OK!

Best wishes hun :hug:

:hug: :hug:
Thankyou

I am as bad as the students DS is back there tomorrow too and he isn't one but happy about it!!
I can't even encourage him when I don't want to go back there.

Are you another one working in education?! There's loads of us!!!

Can't believe you're not finishing till 38 weeks, that's pants. Definitely agree you should set the boundaries with your employer - ask for a meeting and discuss your concerns / ways in which they can make your life easier. I think legally they have to oblige.

Best of luck, I hope your hip doesn't get too painful, and remember that nothing is worth more than your health and happiness, not work, not money, not nothing.

Take care :hug:

Yep i'm a Teaching Assistant.

I'm having to work until Easter because then I will have been working there 6 months to qualify for Company Maternity Pay.
Had I known now I would have stayed at my previous school (had been there 4years) and been on Full Pay whilst on sick and could have started my maternity leave earlier!!

I'm hoping they will be reasonable with me.

I'm sure they will be, once you see Diane as well she'll give you all sorts of good advice re work. Don't beat yourself up :hug: :hug: :hug:

Good luck

I went back to school today too and liek debecca I was dreading it but I'm fine now its out of the way

I am teaching till I am 38 weeks too - but I don't get any maternity pay from my work :( I am doing my probation year and need to do as much as I can before the baby is born so that I have less to do after.

Well I will be 36 weeks when I finish as we have 2 weeks easter hols but I get paid for them :lol: So SMP doesn't start till 38 weeks and I might consider going back for a week after then hols.

Let us know how u get on!

Good luck honey, I really feel for you, what a pants situation to be in. Please do look after yourself though, I know money is a very real issue, but don't carry on if you are in pain. :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

good luck hun, i'm going back tomorrow too after 3 week break..boo hoo. Then again i finish in 6 weeks...yay! It'll be ok, just think how time will fly, then u can have that baby in your arms :hug:

good luck for tommorow hun, take care of yourself & bubs :hug:

xxx

Thanks everyone :hug:

I've made it here - I felt like crying this morning.

I'm free first lesson though which is good lets see how the reast of the day goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back