Going out...

Lou

Reaction score
Hi

Am I being lazy or can any of you really not be bothered to go out much? lol The thought of taking Isaac to the supermarket fills me with dread although I know that once I'm ready and out the door I'll feel ok about it. I worry about there being too many people and having to queue if Isaac is crying and how I'll carry stuff home and omg it seems so daunting!

Is it just me being lazy?

Lou :)

Not at all!
I know exactly what you mean, I ring my hubby everyday to ask him to pick up milk etc cos it's so much hassle.
It'll get so much easier in summer though, you'll find yourself getting out a lot more when you don't have to wrap him in so many layers :)

Cheers urchin!

Think I was having a "am I a bad mum?" moment! I have them alot lol

Luckily it started raining here so my mum is getting me some milk and bread and bringing it round later. My boyfriend is away for the weekend so me and Isaac spent our first night in the house alone last night and usually Jarrod would pop out for milk etc.

I have taken Isaac into town a couple of times on my own but he always gets really hot in shops because he has his snow suit on and I have to unpopper him and its such a pain on top of all the other worries! I suppose in summer we'll have the problem of trying to keep our little ones cool!

I think its the thought of everyone watching and judging you when you are out that seems scary. Plus I have never been the sort of person to go shopping on my own. Hopefully though when Isaac is older we can enjoy going into town together.

lou said:
Hopefully though when Isaac is older we can enjoy going into town together.

Mason loves shopping, except in B&Q when he was with my parents and he said "But I don't LIKE B&Q" in a really loud voice all the way round the shop :lol:

Can't blame Mason, I don't like B&Q either. :D

I have been struggling going out. I hate doing the weekly shop as Seren always decides she is hungrey half way round no matter how much she has had before. It was really starting to stress me out but another mum I know has offered to help me shop so i feel much better about going. I am looking forward to summer when we can go out more, hate this weather :(

Hi

Jarrod is a plasterer so he has to go to B&Q's everyday and he can't wait to take Isaac. (its a boys thing). And yeah beanie that weekly shop is a pain. The online delivery slots at Tesco's are a joke at the moment so we took Isaac food shopping on a week day and omg never again! It was rammed full of OAP's dithering and holding up the aisle's by stopping right in the middle so nobody could get through. Nightmare! Although some of them saw us coming and said "ooo what a lovely baby, let me get out of your way" which was nice :)

You mean the grannies didn't try stopping and chatting to you, giving their life story and that of all their kids and grandkids? I must have a sign on me that says 'I love talking to grannies, why not stop me for a chat' :? :roll:

All mine love shopping - might be because Stuart does the main weekly shop, and if they go, he's never notices them sneaking in all their extras, and by the time he gets to the checkout he's too distraught and ends up buying them. :shock: I'm sure our shopping bill would be halved if I went

Arrrggghhhhh TESCOS!!!!!!

We've been 4 times since Ella has been born :lol: I normally go to the butchers up the road for meat and veg (supporting my local village butcher ;) ) and Matt calls in Tesco Express on his way home to get milk/bread.

I can't wait til the weathers warmer so I can take Ella for more walks, can't bear being stuck indoors. But wont be going TESCOS!!!

I take Rubie round Asda and and a few other shops every Saturday and she has never created a scene once, I didn't realise how lucky I am!! :D

She is very rarely awake and if she is she just sits in the trolley in her car seat and takes in the the new sights, she loves Asda lol

I took her into Superdrug and the woman on the til gave her a fluffy toy that that they were giving away cos they couldn't shift them!!

I love going out with her, it passes the time and she enjoys it (she's quite unsettled if she's stuck in), but I know what you mean, sometimes it's just not worth the hassle :)

I love going out, when Ella was only 2weeks old we went to the trafford centre (verybrave) i was desperate for some new clothes. I also live 10mins walk from town and love to walk with the pram!
As for supermarkets i braved it by myself the other day and it was fine, Ella was good as gold as you say Kim she was just taking bin the new sights :D it was no more of ahassle than usual

My mum said that she went through a bit of an agraphobic stage wen she had me and she HATED going out by herself anywhere, I think it does you good to get out and about even just for a walk round the park.

i love going out too, i talk Coby for a walk everyday, no matter what teh weather, only takes 5 mijs to get him in his coat/snowsuit.

I allways have a baby bag packed so all i need to put in it is a bottle is i know we are going to be out during feeding time, but i tend not to, Coby goes every 4 hours, so thats plenty of time to go out, shop and come home again

Its a bit of hassle going anywhere. Some days are easier than others. Jessica talks to EVERYONE. She shouts hiya to random people in the street. I know so many more people in my town now because of her. When my mum is out with her people come up and start talking to her that I know and vice versa. I feel like a chaufeur sometimes.

Internet shopping is my hero!

I try to make sure I go out every day, it really helps and breaks the day up. The few times I have stayed in, it has been a very long day, in some ways it is a break away from him as he is normally so good when we are out.

I do get a bit sick of some people knowing what is best, the amount of times I get told that it is too cold for Kai to go out makes me scream, what am I supposed to do, never go out?

Kai used to sleep a lot when he we are out but now in the past week or so he is a little more awake and taking things in.

Yeah, I had my HV tell me it was too cold to go out :shock: - do they honnestly think we are not going to ensure we have wrapped them up sufficiently!

I am a bit nervous though - I have a docs appointment in 20 minutes and Im already going through the "what do I do with the pram" when the doc calls me in!!!!?? do I leave her in it and try and get it in the docs room? or do I take her out and risk a screaming fit lol!!!??!!

And this is just for a quick trip to the docs!
L x

The school run forces me to get up and out. I still can't stand the rain though so if I do get out it'll be somewhere indoors if it's raining. Today is my baby group day and we went for lunch after...pizza hut buffet yum!

i hated going out at first - it seemed like such a huge chore getting everything ready etc.

it does seem to be getting a bit better though. i know what you mean about feeling ok about it once you're out. sometimes the thought of it is worse than actually venturing out x

Hi

Me & Isaac went into town today and it was excellent. We went to boots and got some new dummies, nappies and forumla then we went into early learning and got a clock for the nursery. I didnt want to come home! It was cold but lovely and sunny. Isaac fell asleep on the way home so I did a sneaky when we got back, to keep him kipping I wheeled him through the house and out onto the decking in the garden while I did his bottle and he stayed asleep because he thought we were still out! lol

We are going to the clinic and the dreaded tesco's tomorrow. You have to make yourself do stuff sometimes don't you :)

Lou

Had a bonus today, OH had to have the day off so we went to the park to feed the ducks. Sadly Seren complained all the way down 9obviously OH's driving skills) and then fell asleep at the park but I had fun feeding the duckies :D . And tomorrow I am going to see a friend who has a teeny baby, and then see my work mates. Bit nervous about going out on my own but need to do it for my sanity.

Beanie - how did visiting your workmates go?! I saw mine today too!!!

Talking of crap driving skills, on the way home I had a lorry right up my a** and it scared me loads what with Heidi being in the back and all (my first time out with the car seat!) :shock: so there I was shouting "I've got a baby in the back here" - not like he could hear me but I was soooo annoyed.

L x

Lisa, I had the same thing today, a van was right up my arse and it was driving me mad. Fing idiot.

Didn't go too good, it was good to catch up with some of my friends but it was also a bit scary. I only really qualified a couple of months before I went on mat leave and listening to everyone talk about parole reports, case loads etc made me realise how much I was missing. Feel anxious about going back. Was really nice though seeing my friend who has had a baby, we were best mates at school years ago, and it was wierd introducing our babies to each other. Sounnds like you had a good time, apart from the lorry. Bet everyone fell in love with Heidi, she is so cute xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back