Going mad because of (not)feeding

Marijana FC

Reaction score
Girls, I am going mad here! I wrote yesterday that my little one didn't want to be fed by anybody else exept me. Well, she now simply doesn't want to be fed at all!? Feeding has been such a struggle all day today and now she went to bed with only 80-90ml! (She normaly eats app. 150ml per meal during a day and 180ml in the evening, just before bed.) I don't know what to do about it - every time she sees the bottle, or I try to put the teat in her mouth, she screams like mad. Is this connected with teething? Or is it just a phase?
Any advice/opinion/experience welcome! Thanks!

Lola is doing the same thing. Has been for a while and i think it must be teethin. Im gonna see if i can get hold of a health visitor tomorrow and ask her what she thinks. Il let you know x

Thanks a lot for your replies ladies! At least it feels good to know that we are not the only ones acting strangly :D . Fingers crossed that they all go back to normal soon! :hug:

I'm so glad I've seen this post, my little girl has been doing the same all day too, I know she is teething (she has a white dot on her bottom centre gum, hope it comes through soon). I've tried teething gel and even a 2.5ml dose of calpol before feeds it does help abit but as soon as she gets 3/4 ounces in she screams and does'nt have any more . She's doing the same on the breast too. Huge hugs for you all :hug: :hug: :hug:

Absolutely the same here too! I am worried mad! He only wants to be breasfed! And if he has a bottle, instead of usual 150-170-190 mls, he is having just 70-80!

What a day we had! Danica only had app 200ml since 7am and screamed all day long! I was so upset and concerned that I phoned NHS direct and was told to feed her with syringe, tea spoon...whatever works! You can imagine how much fun that is... :( I feel so tired and upset: she is obviousely so hungry but won't take the teat...She isn't sleeping because she is hungry, she isn't eating because she is in pain, whean she sleeps she wakes up screaming...I just wish her teeth come out soon! :pray:

We had a miracle last night! Danica slept until 3am and then had 160ml! Hurray! But then she was restless and woke up crying a couple of times. She finally woke up at 7am and doesn't want to take the teat again...I really hoped today was going to be better than yesterday. I just need it to be :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back