Going crazy!!

Selina13

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Im now 2 weeks late for AF. I have had 3 cycles since mc and they have been between 27 to 32 days so regular for me. I have had a couple of tests that have had squint lines but then also stark negatives.

Im going absolutely crazy because i have had some weird things happening. Had increased cm, boobs are sore today, vivid dreams, really thirsty and increased appetite and mood swings. I know all of these could just be indicator of AF coming but i have always been able to test day before AF and know either way and trusted it.

Anyway, i have a question. Has anyone been this late then got a BFP?

Support would be appreciated xxxx

Hey Selina xx didn't want to read and run xx my latest bfp was 16 dpo xx really hope you get some answers soon xx got everything crossed for you xxx

You could well have ovulated later than you thought hun? Were you temping or just doing OPK's? Back in March I got a positive OPK and then 2 weeks later my period didn't arrive, but all pregnancy tests were negative. I was so confused. I went back to doing OPK ' S and 2 weeks after that I got another positive OPK (2 weeks after the first positive OPK, with no AF in between). I got mega excited thinking it was picking up pregnancy hormone, but all HPT ' S were still negative. Anyway, fast forwatd to a further 2 weeks after the second positive OPK (so a full month after when I originally thought I OV'd), I got a BFP. I was on about CD45 by this point, usualky had a 32 day cycle. So I think what happened was maybe my body had tried to ovulate that first time that I got the positive OPK, but something had gone wrong and I hadn't OV 'd, so it had made a second attempt a couple of weeks later which obviously did work because I got pregnant on that second attempt. Sadly that was my miscarried pregnancy, but it definitely shows a positive OPK can't always be trusted to mean you have OV when you expected to. Xx

Last edited:
You could well have ovulated later than you thought hun? Were you temping or just doing OPK's? Back in March I got a positive OPK and then 2 weeks later my period didn't arrive, but all pregnancy tests were negative. I was so confused. I went back to doing OPK ' S and 2 weeks after that I got another positive OPK (2 weeks after the first positive OPK, with no AF in between). I got mega excited thinking it was picking up pregnancy hormone, but all HPT ' S were still negative. Anyway, fast forwatd to a further 2 weeks after the second positive OPK (so a full month after when I originally thought I OV'd), I got a BFP. I was on about CD45 by this point, usualky had a 32 day cycle. So I think what happened was maybe my body had tried to ovulate that first time that I got the positive OPK, but something had gone wrong and I hadn't OV 'd, so it had made a second attempt a couple of weeks later which obviously did work because I got pregnant on that second attempt. Sadly that was my miscarried pregnancy, but it definitely shows a positive OPK can't always be trusted to mean you have OV when you expected to. Xx

Im sorry to hear about your mc. Yeah i get what you mean, i havent used opks for a couple of years so i have no idea when or of i have ovulated. The last time we dtd was 12th of Oct though so even if i ovulated a week after then (and sperm had survived that long) im sure a test would show positive by now. Ive not had a cycle this long since i had my little boy so its super annoying. I have been starving all the time and shattered.
Thanks for your reply. Xx

Just done a cheapie test strip and again negative. Ahhhhhhh im going insane! X

Sorry you're going crazy wondering! This happened to me when i was a few weeks late for AF, went on holiday and returned happy that it hadn't shown. But all tests were negative. I think i just skipped ovulation that month, bloods were fine. You could be in the same situation. Google anovulatory cycles xx

Hi Selina, I don't have any advice I'm afraid, just wanted to say that I've got my fingers crossed you get you BFP! You must be tearing your hear out being 2 weeks late. Please update with the outcome! x

Thanks ladies. I am totally going mad here!!! Lol x

Could you go and get bloods done hun xxx

Yeah i could give Gp a call today but might just wait a few more days, i hate wasting their time if AF is gonna come. Xx

UPDATE: AF has just arrived thank god! I thought it was unlikely i was pregnant with so many BFN. I think i ovulated on day 24 that woud explain everything. Thanks for the support ladies. Xxxx

Sorry the witch got you Selina. But it must be just good to know either way. fX for your next cycle :) :dust:

Thanks Sarah! Yeah i was just wanting to know either way. I have my boy so im not as frantic as i was ttc in previous years so im ok about it. Xx

Aw sorry to hear the witch got you hun but good news that at least you know what's going on now and can look forward to a successful November hopefully! 'Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back