:( going back to work :(

kitten1102

Reaction score
The last month/6 weeks, I had convinced myself that I wanted to go back to work (I felt as though my brain was wasting away!) as I couldn't afford to live on my SMP (who can!?)

I have been offered a job this morning :cheer: which is great, good money, nice offices and people. Its all good, right?

Except I've spent the entire morning bursting into tears everytime I look at Tim because I feel awful for having to put him in daycare ALL day. I hate the fact that someone else will watch him grow up, and I'll probably miss his first steps and even the first time he sits up on his own. Its horrible...

I don't want him to think that Mummy and Daddy don't love him anymore... Daddy already leaves him all day, and I really enjoy listening to him babble and playing with him during the day.

I'M SOOOO CONFUSED!!! I want to work, but I don't want to give up all the time I spend with my son!!

<and now I'm crying again>

Ahh :hug:

Its hard isn't it? I started back at work two weeks ago and really struggled with someone else looking after my DD (no-one could be as good as me :lol: ) The weekend before I started back was horrible but after two days in nursery I could see Evie was as happy as larry and I think its going to do her good to have the interaction of other people/ children. Now I know shes settled I'm so much happier about going back to work (I love my job) and am looking forward to some non-mummy time!

I am lucky though cause I only have to go back part time - is this something you could do?

They have said that after a few months, there is a possibility of working 1 day a week at home, which would help wit nursery fees, and I'd get 1 more day with my little man...

We're going to look at a nursery tomorrow afternoon, hopefully it'll be really nice and that'll make it easier...

Maybe it is just me but I couldn't work from home and look after Ellie. When she was ill and I had to stay at home looking after her, I only managed at most about 2hrs proper work time in each day I had her at home. IS that just me?

However I am back at work thankfully on part time hours for the moment. Though I need to increase them again to 34.5hrs now, on 32hrs at the moment, and started off on 26 when I first went back. I do miss her loads, but I do enjoy my job as well, and when I go and pick her up from nursery it is such a nice feeling and she is always really pleased to see me. She doesn't get too upset when I leave. In fact this morning, I was definitely dismissed with a "Bye" as soon as she was settled on one of the carers lap.

Kitten i feel exactly the same, i have been dreading the day i go back to work since i have had amber i am dreading it. I have till March in my current job i work all kinds of shifts, i am waiting to see what they can do for my hours and maybe go 4 days and if i can move as i currently work 60 miles away. I am looking for another job in the long term would like to work from home doing my own business so amber can grow up with her mummy and i can pick her up and drop her off at schoool etc i know its a long way ahead but i feel exactly the same and i want her to have her mum and no one else.

this time in a month i am going to be inconsoleale due to start work 2nd march :(

:hug: :hug:

I'm back at work full-tme in April and I'm dreading it too :( I put a very similar post to this on here recently. Its so hard isnt it?! :( :hug:

Snuggle said:
I'm back at work full-tme in April and I'm dreading it too :( I put a very similar post to this on here recently. Its so hard isnt it?! :( :hug:

:( I know... I'd LOVE to stay at home full time, and it sucks that the only reason I'm going back to work is money!!

The nursery we went to look at was lovely, the people were friendly and the price was much better than a couple of the other places we had seen (but still £180 a WEEK :shock: )

Now the MIL is bitching at me because I am going back to work as 'I should stay at home and raise my son like a proper mum'!! <COW> and its MY fault that we will need another car to make it possible for me to work in the first place (even though its OH that has ours all day to drive to various customers, and I need one to drop off DS at nursery and get to work!) :wall: :wall: :wall:

-sorry, rant over-

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back