Going abroad...

Lucyboo

Reaction score
Right, it's only a few weeks until our holiday, I'm trying to get a list going. I'm ok with the journey part. Our lg will be 10 months.

So far I have cold water sterilising bits
Bottles
Ella's Food pouches x 1 per day

Right what did anyone do re breakfast, going all incl but thinking might pack ready break and give that first thing.

Formula
Nappies
Swim nappies
Clothes etc
Sleeping bag
Sun cream

Last edited:
No advice sorry but following with interest as we've booked a holiday for June when my lo will be 10 months so hoping for some tips! x

We went AI in Egypt when my LO was 11 months. We took more jars/pouches just to be safe incase there was nothing she could have some days. She had cereal some mornings but she loves fruit and yoghurt so mainly had that in a morning. We also took those baby biscotti things as a snack. I also took all the medicine I might need such as calpol, teething gel etc as I didn't want to have to try and explain what we needed if we had to go out and buy it lol. I also took a range of sun hats and tops/ swim suits that would cover her and that could get wet/sandy.

If you are flying, do an online boots order to collect airside for things like formula, baby food, sun cream etc. Most airlines allow one extra bag per person of items purchased airside so these won't count towards your luggage allowance. Given they are quite heavy, it's a massive help! Also, it prevents the risk of things freezing in the luggage hold (I was paranoid about packing food and formula in my main case for this reason although I think it would have been fine in hindsight)

nose spray for the love of god don't forget that.. Do it before flight take off about 20-40 mins prior and maybe before or during landing if you notice little one being unsettled! You can't take quite a bit of ready milk and if you keep it shut until you pass security you don't have to taste it, pour milk or liquid into a bottle and you'll have to have a sip at security. Ask for your buggy to be delivered on the ramp and have them put a massive R on the buggy tag, you'll get your buggy or pram back at the gate so you don't have to carry loads of weight from baby and handluggage!

I would take more clothes than you think you need as when we went with 1 yr old we ran out straight away he was getting filthy everyday. He was crawling around in the apartment and just picking up dirt and also on the beach the sand seem to ruin his clothes. Luckily we went where family lived so they could wash the clothes.

I would take calpol etc just incase in some countries it's an absolute rip off if you have to buy such things.

At Gatwick in September we weren't asked to taste my son water bottle I thought they had changed the rules on that?! They said they had a machine to test it now?

Take fav toys and books.

Take more than you think you need generally formula, snacks and sun cream especially. I stored all my towels etc to give us extra weight underneath the buggy amongst as much other crap as I could get in there.

Have a lovely holiday xxx

Maybe that's why they scanned my milk about three times last time haha! It was a different terminal tbh.. I had the one time in the UK that I was asked to taste because I just poured the milk into the bottle before going through security then once on the way back they didn't even scan it and just let him have it and he could just pass through in his buggy! Those checks were done by G4s and all as they were re-doing the security so for that time it was just security check at the gate itself right before boarding!

Thanks ladies, these ideas are a real help. I'd never thought of powder/food freezing in the hold...and I work for an airline so I should know...defo be ordering to collect in boots now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back