Going a bit bonkers

Skidoo

Reaction score
Don't know what to do with myself today. I'm having my first scan at 2.30 this afternoon and I don't know whether it's the excitement of that or whether I made my coffee too strong or just the re-energizing of getting towards the second trimester, but I just can't sit still or concentrate on anything for more than about 3 seconds. Feel like someone's slipped me some drugs I'm so scattered...

Is it just me or did anyone else experience anything like this?

:D

I mean seriously - I can hardly wait for someone else to reply to me...

Hello

Yes I felt the same at my 12 week scan last week. Was almost hyperventalating by the time the scanned me :lol: I was like it for a few days after too and couldn't stop looking at my scan pics.
Enjoy!

I got my first scan on thursda, i have been waiting so long for it, and cant wait, yipppeee, im alreday excited, god two days to wait thats jus to darn long.

Just curious as well, what tests do they run when you have your first scan.

bec x x

Thanks LouisecH I don't feel quite so mad! I guess it is excitement, but I've been so used to being completely wiped out that this feels really wierd :D

boo boo as far as I can tell the first scan is partly a dating scan - to get a better idea of just how far along you are - and partly for the nuchal translucency screening (depending on whether your hospital offers that test).

I know im gonna have tests, not sure wot ones tho, it sed in my letter that i have to be prepared to be there for up to two hours for scan and tests.

Jus curious to what they will be.

bec x

I geuss it was the excitement.

Have been told that I'm 9 weeks and 6 days along, which is less than the doctors had said before, but I didn't really believe them really as my periods were sooo irregular that the usual method of counting didn't really seem to apply.

Have to go back for another scan for the NT test and stuff in a couple of weeks, but it is nice to have seen my baby and have a picture to look at...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back