Goin on sick

Sam2013

Reaction score
Hi all so I've been to doc ages ago about my back and she has referred me to physio and on co codamol tablets but its getting worse so she thinks its best I sign off on sick only thing is not getting sick line till monday as she not n the rest of the week and i as gonna go in to work tomoz to tell em - I don't know how to tell work or what there policy is on ssp or if they dnt do ssp anyone any advice ?
Btw I work in a nursery
Thanks

I think work have to give you ssp or you can claim it off the government or something??
I know where I work they have to help if its pregnancy related.
Sorry I'm not much help, just didn't wanna read and run xx

Thanks Lau my work r desperate I have never been informed of a risk assessment done or if there is a general one x I asked one day ages ago would it b ok to get a seat n sit down while kids were outside on bikes I was told no go and lean against the wall or fence x
I have to sit on the tiny chairs or the floor n the room x and it's killing me waiting on my physio on the 13 August x lifting 2-3 on to nappy changing station thru out the day I end up going Hme n going to bed but then if I need to get up to loo got to shout on hubby to help cos the pain is so bad :( doc says she has no doubt the bigger I get the worse til get x

I hope you'll get sick pay hun, they certainly can't use the sickness against you if it's pregnancy related.
I know everyone is entitled to SSP as a minimum. If you have to claim it from the government your sick note from the doctor has a section to complete. You'd better speak to the manager or check your contract if you have one? They should definitely risk assess you, they'll only get themselves in trouble!! Muppets! X

I hope you'll get sick pay hun, they certainly can't use the sickness against you if it's pregnancy related.
I know everyone is entitled to SSP as a minimum. If you have to claim it from the government your sick note from the doctor has a section to complete. You'd better speak to the manager or check your contract if you have one? They should definitely risk assess you, they'll only get themselves in trouble!! Muppets! X
Thanks x funny thing is I've been moved to a temp contract never seen a contract at all so no idea what I am entitled to or not! :( gonna text today to say been to doctor and that been advised to rest I'm terrible I dint know what way to word it x also I haven't been n workspace last weds and I haven't heard from work to sat when I'm working again xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back