godparents

sarafet

Reaction score
does anyone know if you have to be a certain age to be a godparent?

my sister is 14 and i'd really like her to be godmother :)

i dont think there is tbh....my cousin had her brother as godfather and he was 16 at the time..
think it has more to do with how you feel and if you trust them etc....
Think its a lovely idea :)

it was 16 at my church hun, we wanted our son and he was 14 and we couldnt have him so when we got married this year he was best man :rotfl:

It depends on the church. I'm godmother to my nephew and I was aged 11 at the time.

My dad became a godfather at 11- granted that was 58 years ago, but I think the idea of a godparent is to be there to guide the child as it grows up and try to ensure that he or she is taught about the church or religion they follow. I know this is a slightly out-dated role and very few godparents are ever asked to ensure their godchild attends church, but it does mean that age shouldn't come into it when choosing a godparent as long as you feel that the person you choose is able to be a good role model for your child.

on the godparents subject i no a boy normally has 2 godfather and 1 godmother and a girl 2 godmothers and 1 godfather but is this set in stone or can you have more?

no because my daughter has 2 godmothers and 2 godfathers

thanks hun :D

has every1 chose godparents yet?

We didn't get James christened so didn't need godparents.
Not planning on christening this one either.
I always thought a godparent was someone who was agreeing to bring up the child if something happened to it's parents? :think:

yeh thats how i understand it and also someone to look out for them and be there, as well as the parents and family obviously

i hav 2 peeps in mind, both women

im just a bit stuck on the godfather???

stuff like this is always hard as you dont want 2 offend :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back