Go on Maternity leave today....

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by JayK2387, Feb 6, 2009.

1. JayK2387

JayK2387 Well-Known Member

Im gonna be so bored lol

What have you ladies done??

Im thinking of taking up swimming 3 times a week?? xx

2. Sandie

Sandie Well-Known Member

I start maternity leave next Friday. Part of me can't wait but the other part thinks i am going to be SO bored !!

3. lillyblue

lillyblue Well-Known Member

I wish I was!!!!

What about yoga hun?

x

4. KirstyD

KirstyD Well-Known Member

Ahhh i am soooo jealous! I'm still working, just 1 week left to go! Dragging myself through, really wish i was on leave now!

If i was you i'd have loads of long lie ins, nice long lazy baths, get things ready for baby bit by bit. Do some swimming yeah that would be nice to do!

Just take it easy hun, you'll never get this time to yourself again so enjoy!!

5. Vicki83

Vicki83 Well-Known Member

Kirsty you took the words out of my mouth!

Relax as much as you can, read a book, watch chick flicks etc cos it'll be a while before you can do any of it again!!

6. Annabanna33

Annabanna33 Well-Known Member

take it from me, i quit my job due to them being very funny about my pregnancy, and since then u thought id go crazy being at home. However, since i got to 30 odd weeks ive found i really need to be at home so i can rest whenever i feel the need to.... which is pretty often!!! its amazing how tired i get these days!

A
    x

7. SoonToBeMrs

SoonToBeMrs Well-Known Member

I've been off work for the last 3 weeks.... signed off with pelvic problems because my working hours are no good for me and my employer refused to reduce my hours..

Anyway, I've been so stuck for ideas.. I'm not very mobile because I haven't passed my test yet.. hoping to pass it before baby comes along.. I've just been doing housework and trying to keep myself busy playing games online (boring!)

I'd really love to go swimming.. but the nearest place is about 5 miles away from where I live and as you can imagine, it's a struggle to get there because it's two bus trips away and with a LO aswell.. it's pretty much a no-go. So as depressing as it sounds, I'm doing absolutely nothing.

I strongly recommend the swimming though.. good exercise!

:D

8. Mummy Rich

Mummy Rich Well-Known Member

I am so jealous!

I do not start maternity leave till 8 weeks today exactly!

Roll on the 3rd april

Like everyone's said get a few bits ready and tie up loose ends. Watch films, go out for lunch with close friends and have plenty of pj days :hug: