Glucose test, do I need to do anything?

Haylian

Reaction score
Hi ladies

Have any you had the glucose test for diabetes?
Mine is tomorrow, I know I can't eat or drink from midnight but that's all I've been told.
Have any of you had this? Is it just a finger prick for blood or do they take lots?
My nannan is diabetic (hence the high risk) and she only pricks her finger but I've read that a few women actually have viles taken, I'm so difficult to get blood from so reeeeeally hope that's not the case :-(

X

Hi i was tested with my son so 4 years ago, when i had it then i went in had blood taken then was given a glucose drink then had to go away for an hour and had more blood taken when i got back and yes its viles of blood unfortunately. Hope it goes ok x

Unfortunately it is lots of blood because they do all your other blood tests at the same time, I had a finger prick when I went in then had a few tubes taken then had to drink so much lucozade within 10 mins then have some more tubes taken after 2 hours. I was actually diagnosed with gestational diabetes and have to finger prick test 4 times a day now xx

a book or bunch of magazines and something to eat after your time is up. i had 2 last preg and will have one this time too. they will take 2 vials of blood like when they do other blood tests, one at the start and one at the end to see the difference in glucose levels etc.

Last edited:
Thanks girls, sounds like I'll have a bruised arm for a few days then :) wish I wasn't so difficult! X

I am going for mine next week and will ask them to do my 28 week bloods at the same time (as they are jabbing me anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back