glamping at 37 weeks

EllieG

Reaction score
So Umbungo's thread from yesterday got me thinking... before I found out I was expecting, we booked a group holiday with my family to go camping in Yurts in Cornwall - I live in Hertfordshire. I will be 37 weeks pregnant by the time the holiday comes around. My girls are looking forward to it and I dont want to disappoint anyone so had intended on going. Now wondering if I am slightly crazy!
I have already looked to see where the nearest maternity unit is and will pack the car seat and hospital bags....... I for one will not be trying to induce labour a t37 weeks!!!!

You've got prior experience of having babies... Do yours come early? Or when due/late?? If they tend to be early I'd be a bit more reserved, otherwise, go for it :)

You wouldn't get me camping at all, but I like the sound of your glamping xx

My other three were all late, my third was 9 days over so am hopeful that it will be similar this time. I am deparate that the baby isnt born at the end of August as I dont want him to be the youngest in his year group.
The yurts have proper beds, furniture and an indoor kitchen so hopefully that will make it more bareable!

You will prob be fine that said I wouldn't go glamping not pregnant lol I hate any form of camping haha x

I'm glad you'll have a proper bed, imagine trying to get up from a lilo on the floor in a tent! Hee hee.
Hopefully you'll be fine hun, plus you will have everything with you if labour suddenly did start. Sounds unlikely though.
I didn't want an end of August baby either but my bro gets married 2 weeks after my due date so being late will stop us going! I'd be gutted! Also my step daughter is youngest in her year and actually does very well and is very bright. It can push children on to achieve I think. X

Lol thanks - I have trouble getting out of my own bed at the moment - have to roll on my side and launch myself up!
I know what you mean about August babies, some are very bright - my nephew for one, I selfishly want the extra year at home with my last little one before he starts school :)

Lol thanks - I have trouble getting out of my own bed at the moment - have to roll on my side and launch myself up!
I know what you mean about August babies, some are very bright - my nephew for one, I selfishly want the extra year at home with my last little one before he starts school :)

i was about to type a v similar thing!! lol xx

Cornwall is like the sticks to me. I'd definitely find out where the nearest hospitals are. They could be miles away. When we stayed in Newquay it was 30 miles to the nearest cinema...!!

I'd also be more concerned that it could be a speedy delivery if its not your first.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27