Girls Please Help - Paternity Leave And Pay Questions!

scared 19

Reaction score
Does anybody no what OH is entitled to for both pay and leave????

I've just got the below from a Government website:

Fathers who qualify for paternity leave can take time off to be with their new child and offer support to the mother when the child arrives. You can choose whether to take one or two consecutive weeks’ paternity leave (not odd days).

During this period most employees will be entitled to Statutory Paternity Pay (SPP) from their employer - at the rate of £102.80 a week or 90 per cent of average weekly earnings, whichever is lower.

To qualify for paternity leave you must:

have or expect to have responsibility for the child’s upbringing
be the biological father of the child or be the mother’s husband or partner
have worked continuously for your employer for 26 weeks ending with the 15th week before the baby is due
to qualify for SPP you must also have earnings above a certain level (currently £77)

Although, it also depends on your employer. I have a really good one, and the fathers get paid full pay for the 2 weeks. I think they can also take another 2 weeks at the SPP rate as well. Although that won't help us, as the company DH works for doesn't do this!! Your OH would be best to check with the HR department at his company.

Thanks girls is it just me or is it really confusing and really un-fair that they only get 1-2 weeks!

With my first child (12 years old now), I was in a really unloving relationship, the pregnancy was unplanned, and to be honest, I would have loved it if he was able to go back to work after 2 weeks to leave me to get on with things!! But the git didn't have a job, so was lazing around the house all day getting in my way!! And not helping one bit with looking after our daughter, or the shopping or housework. :evil:

But, I agree with what you are saying. I've only been married 7 weeks to the most loving and caring bloke I've ever been with, and even though I'm not yet lucky enough to be pregnant (although we have only been trying for 5 weeks!), I already can't bear the thought of DH going back to work again after only 2 weeks. When will he have the chance to get to know his child properly?? I hate the idea of him coming home from work, and me telling him something that the baby has done for the first time and he has missed it. :(

Bless ya its always the way tho aint it!!! my OH is just the same we are so much in love it is like it was in the begining still (we have been together 1yr and 2 months now!) not like my x he had cheated on me loads by then the worse one was the last a 14 yr old he was 18-19 by then!!!! and the funny thing is is that he is still with her!!! gross!

Paternity Leave pay sucks! They should be entitled to 90% of their wages for two weeks or something like that. £106 is a pathetic amount to try and live off of for 2 weeks, it doesn't cover our mortgage and means we will be hundreds worse off that month! :evil:

Yuk!
You poor thing, went through the mill a bit didn't you. But, it's like they say, there's always someone out there for you...

My ex (and I ended up marrying him when our daughter was 11 months old - fool!) was horrendous. And I have to more or less force him to see his own daughter. She's there now for the school hols, and rings me every other day cause she hates it there. But I don't ever want her to say to me in a argument that I stopped her seeing her dad.

Then, after another 5 year crap relationship, I decided I was better off on my own. Then May 04, I met a guy who promised me the earth. And I fell for it, and him. 6 weeks later he was late turning up for a date, then texted me to say he couldn't come as he was back with his ex!!!

I was gutted, then a friend of mine pointed out a guy I sort of knew in the pub. He was renound for one night stands. She told me to go there, and I would walk away with a smile on my face for days, and he wouldn't want anything else ever again. So I set upon my cunning plan to nab him!!! :wink: The thing is that in the morning he refused to leave until I had promised to meet him again that night! We got married on the 18th June, celebrated our first aniversary together on the 25th July, and can't wait to add to our family.

He is 11 years younger than me, treats my daughter as his own, she adores him, and I have never ever been so happy. Just goes to show, you should never give up on love! :lol: :lol: :D :D

i no its crap aint it!!! it is really unfair on them they dont really get any help at all do they!!

As if trying to plan on living on our maternity pay for 6 months isn't bad enough, you start out on the first couple of weeks with even less money!!!

And the government think they can make it all better with a £250 trust fund that the child can't even get until they're 18!!!

sounds like you really have been through it too i was with my x 4 years !! how stupid!!! my OH is like the heart throb of rugby !! when i was told that he liked me i couldnt believe it my self esteme was so low cuz of how i had been treated that when i was told that i thought some one was just taking the pi55!! but i got with him 2 days after me n x split and its funny cuz my x was so minging! but he made me feel like that was all i was worth, but since i have been with my OH things have been a wirlwind of adventure we fell so madly in love we moved in with one another within 4 weeks and i was pregnant in 7 months unfortantly we lost our baby at 8 weeks, i couldnt have got through it with out him or my family tho!! they were all amazing! then we had to wait 3 months for everything to settle down and keep the risk of another miscarrage down, but after the three months the next month i fell pregnant! (my OH didnt even think he would be able to have kids!!! i am the only person he has been compatible with!!!) if you are trying for a baby you should take pronatal they are vitamins with folic acid in and every vitamin to create a healthy baby it has worked for me! plus the first time was 7 months the second was one!!! i no i have waffled on but i hope that helps!! its amazing what us women have to suffer but atleast me and you can say we have good men by our side, i have just got back of holiday with OH and we couldnt be closer i was being all soppy with him earlier saying it is really hard not being with you today and you could tell he was trying to be macho and say yer sure babe! but i got of my lunch and gave him a quick call cuz we have just booked our 3d scan to find out what it is we are having and he told me to look at my phone, i had a text just saying i love you x x i thought that that was so sweet!! bless him he is wonderful!! Oh these hormones are killing me tho i could cry now cuz of how much i love him hahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm like that all the time, and I'm not even pregnant!! I got a lovely lump in my throat when I was reading your last post - God help me when I do get a BFP!! I'll definitely give those tablets a go, thanks. Every little thing helps. I'm quite lucky as I know I must be super fertile - my first was conceived when I was on the pill, and he wore a condom, and we only did the BD once in the entire week I was fertile! I also had a coil fitted after my daughter was born, so now that is removed, I haven't got to wait months for my body to get back to normal. It's been doing it's normal things all along! The gp did tell me that there was a very good chance that I could get a BFP straight away as I had the coil and not the pill. Fingers crossed!!!
BTW, I'm leaving work now to go home, and my DH has just sent me a text - a whole page of X's!!! Looks like I know what I'm doing when I get home - and I don't mean cooking the dinner!!!! :wink: :wink:

Hahaha have fun one other thing i will say that helped me was try not to try to hard and think about it to much i no that is easy to say but i became obsessed the first time had a period after i was determined it was an implatation bleed i hadnt even had sex i was still to sore and scared and i dont no but i pushed him away and didnt want it so how the hell i expected it to be i do not no it was then i realised i was losing it so i calmed down and decided to think normally and if it happened it happened a few weeks later BFP!!! have fun tonight it has been great chatting with you if you fancy another chat tomorrow just drop me a line!! XX

Liann and Sweetpea

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back