girls, i need your opinions!

petchy

Reaction score
wasn't sure where to post my dilemma to get as many opinions on it as possible, so i posted it in "working during pregnancy" and now i'm posting here to ask you girls to please take a look!

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 7928#27928

in summary, i'm not sure whether to take the risk and go freelance after my mat leave...

any input appreciated!!! :D

I have been wracking my brains trying to work out a way of avoiding going back to my office job that doesn't involve stacking shelves.

If you have got a great idea, I would definitely pursue it.

My degree has turned out not to be much use to me, and I wish I had done something else.

If you want to pursue this idea, I say go for it definitley.

Childminding fees are a huge blow to any salary.

hi petchy!
i'm a graphic designer too, in Ontario Canada. I find the prospect of freelancing very exciting, however in my case, i don't want the bother of competing or going out to find jobs...and yes i like my financial security. i myself have chosen to stay at my company, who have treated me well as i get good pay and the jobs come to me. mind you i dont have to worry about job security at the moment. A small part of me sometimes thinks i'm being chicken, but in the long run i am very comfortable and my company is very flexible and family oriented. i don't really have any advice for you since it is a very personal decision, i just thought i'd tell you about my situation. Whatever you decide, just make sure its something you enjoy. if we have to work, it might as well be partly fun! Good luck!

I say go for it!!!
its something id love to do
go for it.....just think if you dont you may regret it if you dont.!
let us know.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back