Girl names ... does this sound silly?

SoDa

Reaction score
Our baby girl is due in about 10 weeks but I am so stuck on a name! We already have a DS named Theo and struggling to find a name that 'goes' with it. I don't want a particularly lengthy name is Theo is short (it's not Theodore, just Theo).

I really like Ada (or Aida, but I prefer Ada spelling I think). I was all set for that to be her name but then MIL pointed out that as our surname is Davies, it might sound a bit stuttery? Ada Davies? I hadn't thought it at all before but it's starting to get in my head now haha!

What you think? Friends have suggested hyphenating so it's not so stuttery, but i'm not keen to be honest. She will have a middle name, probably Natalie after my sister who we're very close to. So I don't want it to form part of her name used every day.

Thanks for any opinions!!

I don't think there's anything wrong with that name I said it fine and I don't speak all that well! X

Last edited:
I think the two go OK together x

I think they sound fine together. I never tell family the names I like as someone is bound to say something .

Ahh thanks all, that makes me feel better! x

I dont think it sounds stuttery either

Yeah I don't understand how it sounds stuttery to be honest. Lovely name

I don't think it sounds silly at all. The only thing I can think of that your MIL means is if you try and say it fast a few times it is a bit of a mouthful. I suppose if you had a kid who had a little trouble with making their sounds clear like our DS it could be a little tricky for them but I think for most people it would be fine. I like the way it sounds.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back