Getting up and down constantly

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by TeeUK, Jan 20, 2012.

1. TeeUK

TeeUK Well-Known Member

Since pups been born we have put a mattress by pups bed and I basically lay there most of day monitoring them as mum keeps being too rough and hurting them....I get up from laying down position really quickly kinda swinging myself up like I'm doing a situp ( I'd never get up otherwise lol)...just wondering if it can harm baby at all, haven't felt no pain doing but I'm like getting up every 5mins mins or so...tummy has felt a little tender but that's about it

2. masonowen

masonowen Well-Known Member

It won,t harm baby, but it could ruin your stomach muscles, as baby grows your muscles seperate in the middle to make room, and if you do any sit ups or sit straight up from lying down, it makes the muscles part even further. The strain may slow down the recovery of the muscle tone after birth. It,s best to roll in your side and push yourself up with your arms. Xx

3. TeeUK

TeeUK Well-Known Member

ahh thank you...think my stomach muscles packed in 18 yrs ago mind lol...I can't really push myself up with my wrists as I have arthritis in them and they are very weak and painful....really don't know how I will manage in a few months!