Getting to know your newb..

kitten1102

Reaction score
i think it took me about 6 weeks to completely get used to the different cries...

but even now, there are times when he'll cry but i can't figure out what it is!!! :wall:

kitten1102 said:
i think it took me about 6 weeks to completely get used to the different cries...

but even now, there are times when he'll cry but i can't figure out what it is!!! :wall:

Im still guessing occasionally. (like last night, she just went nuts for 2 hours... looks like it was for nothing!)

im still never 100% sure why shes crying! lol i just guess, think i usually get it right tho

i think sometimes babys cry just coz they can..sometimes coz they want a cuddle.. sometimes coz they dont.. etc etc..i think you never really know entirly what they want untill they can communicate a little better when they are more developed..

With DS - weeks to get it right but with DD only about a week then were well on our way.

Im still not sure what he wants some of the time, but most of the time i guess right :D

i knew about 2 weeks after her coming home from the hospital but she was already 2 months corrected age by then.

i will say follow your initial gut feeling though, your first guess will probably be the right one, you know better than you think. thats what ive realised. im still gaining confidence.

Isaac 'properly' crys when he's hungry or wants to be with me, and I know those, and have since week2 really, as he cried a LOT :D
Then there's obvious ones, like if he hits himself with a toy, or is frustrated he can't reach something, or if he wants his dummy putting back in his mouth :lol:
Situation helps a lot, you'll know if a feed is due maybe, could be hunger, or bum not being changed for a while, could be Poo, putting them down for the night, could be they don't want to be left.

redshoes, your isaac is gorgeous! that little picture in your signature reminds me of a close-up one I got of Ryan... excuse his baby rice lol http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t244 ... 12-073.jpg

Getting to know the cries... I can't honestly remember but the past month or so at least I've been pretty spot on when he's crying. I think round about when he started teething and had a "pain" cry I could differentiate it from the other cries. If that makes sense, I knew straight away he was in pain, and from that I could judge the others. If he sleeps but keeps waking, he's probably still hungry.. If he's tired he just sort of whinges.. he's not really bothered by poo.. the "too hot" cry is much like the pain cry.. are there any more? lol

it depends which cry..his i have wind cry is unmistakable but he is still changing and crys change ..Dylan doesn't cry much and has actually developed a particular cough when he wants milk LOL

sounds like you are doing well though

alanas gone 2 and i still cant work out what she wants... she chats her own language :rotfl:

babies can't talk... but they can cry, so everything is associated with crying.. I can't sleep, I'm tired, I'm not tired, I'm lonely, I'm bored; I want to be left alone, I'm hungry, I'm thirsty, I'm grumpy, I'm annoyed, I'm awake, I'm hot, I'm cold, etc...

... and I think most babies cry at some point just for the sake of crying... They suddenly realise they are the ones making that god awful noise :rotfl:

Tia's 8 now... and there are times when she cries and I have no idea why... and it takes me ages and ages to get to the bottom of the reason... and she can talk. :roll:

There are times when we just cry because we can and there is no reason. Children are little people really... so don't ever look on it as a failing that you don't understand your LO... I don't think we are supposed to tbh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back