Getting tightenings!!

wannabmummy

Reaction score
Well I've been feeling really different today, I woke up feeling really ill and I've been having painful tightenings all day :-/ they were irregular at first and now getting stronger and coming every 5 mins!!

don't really know what it is - don't want him to come this early! I'll keep you all posted xxx

Wow, keep us informed Hun. I'm feeling pretty much the same but the aches have worn off a bit now. Don't forget to ring your midwife if you are unsure xx

Give your midwife a ring and let us know but try not to panic hunny. Don't cough or sneeze and keep your legs firmly closed :hug: xxxxxxxx

Are you full term wannabe?? And have you been overly active yesterday / today?? Since I was poorly in Hospital a few weeks back I was ordered to bed rest as was getting contractions / tightenings every time I was active that got more & more regular (every few minutes at times) but slowed right down with rest. But I'm still 4 weeks until due date. Could be the start of your big day though!!! How exciting! Keep us posted!!! X

I Had this on Tuesday. I was 5 mins away from calling the labour ward when it stopped/slowed down.

The midwife told me on Thursday that if it happens again then I should have a bath and take a paracetamol first and then call the delivery suite if it doesn't calm down.

I've been having BHs for weeks now but this was something else, they were happening every few mins.

I hope it's just baby having a little practice for you :hug:

hope you are doing ok hun. Don't have that baby yet. xx

Just went to asda and they are coming really close together, so uncomfy, gonna go home, have a bath and take paracetamol and see if it helps, if not then I'll call in. Really feeling the tightenings in my back and in my cervix!! Arrgggh!! X

Hope all is ok. We need you cooking for a bit longer!!!

I'm her bump buddy so dropped her a text this morning. No reply yet but I'll keep you guys updated xx

Just had a text. She managed go sleep ok but is still getting contractions so is going to go in and get herself checked out today.

Fingers crossed LO stays put for a bit longer xxx

bless her hope evrything is ok and LO manages to cook that little bit longer. xx

Hi Girls! Thanks for updating for me Jem! :love: I am ok, all seems to have stopped today, still feeling very sore and not great, but I am not getting any tightening feelings anymore!! Fingers crossed it goes away for at least another couple of weeks :yay: xx

These babies love to keep us on our toes, don't they!!! I had to have steroids for little uns lungs as they were so sure he was coming early. But likewise, just a false alarm. Glad you're feeling better & put your feet up xxxxx

Thanks hun! I am feeling better! Now I am sure he is going to come early though! Knowing my luck i'll prob end up being induced!! Lol. Hope you're doing ok to pushca xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back