Getting the sex wrong

Rosieroo

Reaction score
Everyone seems to have a tale of knowing someone who had 4 scans and was told it was a girl in all of them and then popped out a boy (who normally has 4 scans! :roll: ).

Anyone else worried they got it wrong at the 20 week scan? Or anyone experienced this?
The sonographer checked 3 times and said there was definately nothing there, but you know what other people are like with their pearls of wisdom ;)

I can't afford to replace all the girly clothes I've bought for boys ones!!

yeah im a bit worried, i have got loads of boys clothes, more than i know what to do with, i was very lucky coz my OH sister had a boy and my sister has 3 so we got all there baby clothes.

For my wedding we have asked everyone for money instead of pressants, im hopeing we get enough for me to have a 3D scan, coz i really want the sex confermed.

there is no way i could afford to replace the clothes i have with girl ones now.

The sonographer at our scan was quite confident and we do kind of believe her.

However we are still buying mostly unisex stuff. We have bought just one boy outfit set for his photo sessions :D , but have decided to buy mostly unisex baby grows and things. You can get some lovely bits these days and don't have to resort to just yellow.

We are also doing the nursery quite neutral to be on the safe side.

We are secretly hoping that other people buy us some boy bits after he is born as gifts, so that he doesn't get an identity complex :wink:

If it looks like a boyon the scan, chances r that its right. But not seeing the "bits" might not necessarily mean its a girl. But sonographers r usually quite experienced & would not commit to anything if they were'nt sure. So, I feel u can trust a sonographer who is quite experienced. Im sure ours is a boy. The 20 wk scan he was showing off his willie for all to see. Last monday, I had a scan (for other reasons) & saw his testes & scrotum too. No doubt in my mind!

Lol hope, when i had a scan at 32 weeks, baby had legs crossed or really close together, so could tell anyway, which is good cause i didnt really want to know but couldnt help but look!!!

i think everyone has a few doubts cos of storied people tell! I hope they were right for me, she seemed really sure.

I'm keep receipts for the girls things i have just incase! and taking unisex stuff to the hospital. All of my instincts have always said she was a girl though, so i'm quite confident xx

I was told it looked more "girlie" down there when I asked at the 20 week scan. They always say it's more difficult to tell a girl from a boy but they say when it's a boy THEY KNOW it's a boy, so I went along with it thinking it was a girl. I had a 4D scan at 28 weeks and they had a look then as well. They showed me the shape they looked for "The typical hamburger shape" and there it was, so it was a girl again. They just checked in 2D rather than 4D for the sexing though (not sure why). Then I had a growth scan at 32 weeks (after decorating girlie and buying pink stuff) and asked again whether it was a girl, sure enough it was. They don't like to say 100% but I am sure of they had doubts they would say they don't know. As for people saying about 4d scans being wrong, I expect they are getting that all wrapped round their asses and thinking a 4D scan is your routine 20 weeker scan in 2D, if you get what I mean - I'm crap and stringing sentences together these days :roll: !

I am convinced it is a girl now after 3 sonographers saying the same thing. :?
xxxxxxxxxx

I watched one of those birth programmes on discovery and the woman was told it was a girl they had everything bought and even picked a name. She already had a teenage son, so after a long labour they handed her a healthy baby boy!! So had to pick another name, in the end they kept one of their cats kittens and called it Megan the name they had chosen for their little girl!! I dont think it can happen that often though otherwise they wouldnt tell you for fear of getting it wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back