Getting signed off work

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by xxSparklesxx, Apr 12, 2016.

1. xxSparklesxx

xxSparklesxx Well-Known Member

I'm 7 weeks just now and am really beginning to struggle to eat anything and actually get out of bed. I feel so weak, dizzy and shaky.

I'm wondering if il actually make work tomo or if my doctor would sign me off for a bit? Has anyone else been signed off for similar / around same gestation?

Also I don't want my work knowing I'm pg until after 12 weeks, what would be put on my line?

xx

2. Jacko

Jacko Well-Known Member

Not sure what Dr woukd put unless just puts dizziness and sickness. I know where i work if sickness is pregnant related it doesn't stay on your record.
    I am sure you have to self certify for 7 days before Dr will sign you off anyway.
    Hope you feel better x

3. RoisinC

RoisinC Well-Known Member

I was in this situation too my morning sickness was so bad I could barely function. I got a sick line which said pregnancy sickness but before I sent it in I asked our hr manager who I sent the line to to treat it as confidential. Good luck hope you feel better soon xx

4. xxSparklesxx

Thanks girls.

Will see how I am over the next few days xx

5. mummywanabe

mummywanabe Well-Known Member

I'm signed off now my sickness came very early this time my boss knows but my gp just said what will I write for the reason

6. KeelyT90

KeelyT90 Well-Known Member

Hey, I have told my manager in confidence that I am pregnant, only because I wont get paid for my antenatal appointments otherwise. She has assured me that she won't tell any of my colleagues. You're probably better telling your boss x

7. xxSparklesxx

Unfortunately in the line of work I'm in if I tell my boss then everyone knows. Feeling a bit better the past two days, but going to head to docs next week n see if u can get signed off for a bit xx

8. mummywanabe

mummywanabe Well-Known Member

Ask your doc to write something else on your sick line ,you can just tell him/her the situation with your boss and that you don't want anyone to know, you do not have to tell anyone in work including your boss up to a certain number of weeks anyway