Getting signed off work

xxSparklesxx

Reaction score
I'm 7 weeks just now and am really beginning to struggle to eat anything and actually get out of bed. I feel so weak, dizzy and shaky.

I'm wondering if il actually make work tomo or if my doctor would sign me off for a bit? Has anyone else been signed off for similar / around same gestation?

Also I don't want my work knowing I'm pg until after 12 weeks, what would be put on my line?

xx

Not sure what Dr woukd put unless just puts dizziness and sickness. I know where i work if sickness is pregnant related it doesn't stay on your record.
I am sure you have to self certify for 7 days before Dr will sign you off anyway.
Hope you feel better x

I was in this situation too my morning sickness was so bad I could barely function. I got a sick line which said pregnancy sickness but before I sent it in I asked our hr manager who I sent the line to to treat it as confidential. Good luck hope you feel better soon xx

I'm signed off now my sickness came very early this time my boss knows but my gp just said what will I write for the reason

Hey, I have told my manager in confidence that I am pregnant, only because I wont get paid for my antenatal appointments otherwise. She has assured me that she won't tell any of my colleagues. You're probably better telling your boss x

Unfortunately in the line of work I'm in if I tell my boss then everyone knows. Feeling a bit better the past two days, but going to head to docs next week n see if u can get signed off for a bit xx

Ask your doc to write something else on your sick line ,you can just tell him/her the situation with your boss and that you don't want anyone to know, you do not have to tell anyone in work including your boss up to a certain number of weeks anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back