Getting Pregnant Again

Lacey123

Reaction score
Hi , So I wanted to find out how long it took people to start trying to fall pregnant again after 1st pregnancy. I had a C Section when my baby was only 27 weeks and sadly we lost her later on that day . It's something I've been thinking about and just wanted to know how long people waited to try for another baby. I'm on contraception anyway right now and we're in no position to rush after the loss of our daughter but I've read so many different things on Google about having to wait 18-24months to try again to give time to heal but I feel like that's such a long time to wait to want to start again and my partner is older than me so he'd be late 30s by then if we waited that long. I know many family and friends who fell pregnant so quickly again and have been fine but be nice to know other women's opinions and gaps between pregnancies. The whole ruptured uterus freaks me out and that makes me feel I have to wait 18 months again but I don't think either of us could wait that long again.

I’m so sorry for your loss. This hasn’t happened to me but I would expect that once the consultants say it is safe to physically try then it would just be a case of when you are emotionally ready to try yourself. Have they gave you any idea of this?
I do think it would be when you feel ready emotionally once given all clear xx

I’m so sorry for your loss. This hasn’t happened to me but I would expect that once the consultants say it is safe to physically try then it would just be a case of when you are emotionally ready to try yourself. Have they gave you any idea of this?
I do think it would be when you feel ready emotionally once given all clear xx
I'm back at hospital Tuesday with my partner so it's something we will ask them as they've not given any indication yet of when is good. I know everyone is different and I suppose it's more about when we feel ready to try again then anything but I've read some bits online about how it's not right after a C section to fall pregnant again until 18months + which surely can't be the case as so many women have small age gaps between their children? But thank you for your words xx

I’m so sorry for your loss. I fell pregnant five months after my second section and had an easy complication free pregnancy. I would say that it’s worth waiting until you’re emotionally ready xx

I’m so sorry for your loss. I fell pregnant five months after my second section and had an easy complication free pregnancy. I would say that it’s worth waiting until you’re emotionally ready xx
Hi, yes we won’t try again until we’re emotionally ready but at least I know you were complication free 5 months after Section! As I’m just more worried about falling pregnant and the whole ruptured uterus thing I’ve read about but then again I don’t know anyone who’s experienced that after falling pregnant again in such a short gap from the last one! X

Hi, yes we won’t try again until we’re emotionally ready but at least I know you were complication free 5 months after Section! As I’m just more worried about falling pregnant and the whole ruptured uterus thing I’ve read about but then again I don’t know anyone who’s experienced that after falling pregnant again in such a short gap from the last one! X

I’ve had three sections my children are 5 years apart, 14 months apart and then I’ll have my 4th section in November which will be two years after. The risk of rupture is very tiny so try not to worry. Xx

I’ve had three sections my children are 5 years apart, 14 months apart and then I’ll have my 4th section in November which will be two years after. The risk of rupture is very tiny so try not to worry. Xx
Ahh okay that makes me feel better. We’ll probably speak to the hospital at our next appointment as we’re going back soon to see consultants because of loss of our daughter. Thinking of waiting until December and then trying again. Depends how long takes to conceive really so it’ll be way over 6 months by time we fall pregnant again anyway x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back