getting in a state...

umbongo

Reaction score
Got myself all worked up yesterday as I lost my fav top, it's my only maternity hoody as none of my others fit now and I wear ita,lot. Bloody lost it in b&q somehow, and they haven't had it handed in. Sounds pathetic to cry over but I'm gutted!! It was in the sale , can't afford to buy much maternity stuff so it's a right pisser quite frankly!!
Then got in a state about my Grandad who passed away in Jan (I was there) as mum and dad been visiting grandma who's dementia is worse and it's all very sad really. :'(
Then worrying about hubby's birthday on.8th as can't think of much to get, then baby shower the week after and I've organised NOTHING except the time.
I usually love organising things but trying to do a degree assignment as well and getting all bogged down :-(
And we've not started the nursery yet and everyone else has done theirs.:-(

Now woken up loads in the night, stomach ache hurts so I can't lie on my side, been on my back all night so that aches. Woke up coughing and my nose is blocked. Felt like I couldn't breathe! I've drunk loads of water and am sat up.a bit as need to calm down. A stinking cold is the last thing I need. And squiggle is quiet.

FFS! I need to pull myself together but feel bereft of energy and I'm dreading work. I feel like a f-ing wreck girls!!

Sorry to ramble on. Sometimes it's good to let it out I guess. X

Oh dear!! When it gets like this I'd say the best thing to do is break it all down into little bits.

The birthday - you've got him a hotel room for a few nights, all you really need now is a card with an explanation. What's he expecting? Me and hubby have done very little for each other the past few years because first we were saving for a wedding, and now a baby. It's just special treatment on the day instead ;-) discuss it with him and see what he wants?

The baby shower - what do you really need? Some nibbles and perhaps a few game ideas? The girls on here can suggest that, and then it'll only be a quick thing to throw together in the space of a day (as an absolute max).

Assignment - you have plenty of time to get it done. Just work through bit by bit, every day, and it'll be done before you know it!

As for the nursery - you have at least another 6 months or so before baby's gonna be in there. Yes it'd be nice to sort it but its not a big deal. So no need to get worked up. Baby has somewhere to sleep and that's all that matters!

Your not short of time for anything, but when you stress out it can make you concentrate and prioritise on all the wrong things. Do what's most important first then work your way through the list. You will get there xx

Thanks hun. Hubby doesn't expect anything for his birthday and I've bought two gifts and the hotel so I guess that's ok. He got me the most thoughtful presents at Christmas and he does so much I just want to think of some good gifts. Will also need to get things for him from his two daughters.

I think this damn cold makes it all worse as I just can't think straight!!! Feel horrendous!!! :-( Had so many days off sick I feel bad taking anymore. Not that it matters REALLY as I'm leaving anyway. X

hope your feeling better umbongo! try not get yourself too stressed xx

Thanks hun. I had a big cry then squiggle gave me some kicks and told me to stop. I am off work and taking it easy. Need to get better so rest rest rest. Xx

Oh Hun it's so pants when things build up like this :-(
When we were saving for our wedding and money was non existent I got hubby a bag of his fave things. Beer,chocolate,crisps etc only cost me about £15 and he loved it. But you've got your hotel for a couple of nights which will be lovely. I had my first emotional day this week too, suppose we don't realise how things effect us until it all comes out in one blow. Hope you're feeling better soon x

Ah you'll be ok. Just having a bad day, we all have them! It does help to have a good moan ;)

As soon as you've perked up a bit you'll be able to do the things you need to and things will fall in to place. You don't have to go mad organising stuff, people won't expect you to go overboard :)

Thanks lovelies. I still feel ill but mentally a lot better! I ordered a couple of little things for hubby his girls can give him so feel better about that now. My friend is bringing cakes to the baby shower so that's something! And another sent me a book of games so if I ask people to bring a bottle and I get in some nibbles we'll be sorted! Hopefully.
Feeling calmer! Hormones are a bitch!!! Xx

Glad you're feeling better. I had a funny turn at work on Tuesday and was sent home. I ended up sat on the sofa having a little cry. I also remember when I was around 13 weeks pregnant and I only had one pair or maternity jeans at this point. I couldn't find them and all my normal jeans were too small. Turns out hubby had washed them and they were hanging on the drying rack completely soaked. I just sat and sobbed- a mixture of hormones and struggling with being a bit bigger.

Terrible how things like that feel like the end of the world! Pregnancy sends you a bit loopy. My poor hubby!

Everyone gets those days I cried the other day over everything which really everything wasn't much or nothing major!! Nursery meh do it in your own time I was stressing over ours n now I just don't worry mum finished painting it for me yesterday and we hope to buy the furniture in a few weeks. And I'm 36+2 so ahead of you !!! You aren't the last haha. In reality things always seem worst when I'll too so I hope ur stinky colddissapears and u feel better soon big hugs go have some icecream I find it always helps....oh and hoody...have u looked on eBay iv had some real bargains off there x xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back