getting fit

Layla

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Me and Jase are going to be trying for another baby around sep/oct time.

my views are, whats the point in working hard to tone my figure back up if im only going to lose it again soon. id rather wait untill after teh next pregnancy then work hard to get back in shape. (im not having any more after the next one)

but my friend says, i should get as fit and healthy as i can so that the pregnancy wont take so much of a toll on my body.

now im not sure which is best to do, im in two minds about it.

what do you think?

god i am so jealous lol i want another baby lol -

i suppose it depends on u - but if u got ur tummy back into shape would that help with the next baby

I would - think it would be harder to get back into shape after the second if you didn't get back into shape after the first.

I am going to use my friend as an example here.

She put on a lot of weight whilst pregnant with her first child. After the birth she was five stone heavier than pre-pregnant.

She didn't bother to try to lose the weight or get fit, so when she got pregnant with her second child she was very overweight and very unfit already and she coped very badly with her pregnancy. To put things simply, she got terribly high blood pressure and was told to have complete bed rest, and when she got to the labour she had a worse time than with her first child, because she was so huge and unfit. The labour took twice as long as the first.

To be perfectly honest and blunt. I would work on getting yourself as fit as possible, so that you can cope really well next time.

Incidentally, due to not losing her weight from the first, she has now hit an all time high of 20 stone. And the task of losing it is so big, she just can't face it.

This is just my opnion though. I realise it must be sooo tempting to just say sod-it, but you may make things harder for yourself the next time round.

I am the same weight as I was pre-pregnancy now (lost more than expected to start off with so have put some back on) and I don't plan to 'tone up' before ttc again end of this year. Really don't see the point!! Going to keep my pelvic floor muscle excersices up as they are key to keeping babies in but other than that, why bother? I walk most days with Damien and thats more than I ever did before I got pregnant with him - I'm probably fitter now than this time last year!

So I voted No.

I agree with Sarah :)
a friend of mine had the same thing happen to her, on top of all that she had twins the second time and she now has the most horrible stretchmarks that won't go (her belly is all red/purple)

a bit of exercising each day is not the end of the world, it's worth it -even if it's just walking

good luck

I think though, if you piled on the pounds (or stones) in one pregnancy then you really should lose a bit first before another. just to make it easier for yourself afterwards if you are desperate for a 'body beautiful' again.

I'm not planning on toneing up before TTC but i am going to loose some weight. I was a few stone heavier this time when i fell pg than i was with the first and it was so much harder. I had a lot of pain walking and got very out of breath. I didn't gain that much while pg so back to pre pg weight but don't plan on going through another pregnancy with the extra weight.

I agree with Sami

Its probably not worth trying to be superfit or super toned but making the effort to get to a reasonable level of fitness and losing at least some of the weight gained from this time round will definitely benefit anyone.

cheers guys,

well after trying on all of my old clothes, i am just over an inch away from getting back in to my jeans, so i guess i will aim to get back in to them but not bother toneing up any "wobbley" bits lol.

im hoping that in a couple of months i would have lost that inch and a bit and can get back in to my clothes, i miss my jeans!

I miss my old jeans badly and it is really going to test me to see how long I will leave it before I pluck up the courage to try them on after the birth.

Well done on only being one inch away! You've done really well.!!!!!! :D

My pre-pregnancy clothes are still in the attic, no way am I getting them down until I am my pre-pregnancy weight, it'll be far too depressing!

Rosie

Same here!

I made the DH put all my pre-pregnant clothes in the attic as well.

Which is probably a good thing, as I won't be tempted to just have a quick check to see if the jeans fit. I will probably leave it until I think I have got a reasonable chance to fit into them.

I would think its worth getting fit for healths sake. I didnt and wish I had. Im certain that my extreme tiredness and sickness is down to not being in the best shape and I think that once I have baby 2 im going to find it harder to lose.

Also, I expect to have a tricky birth due to it probably being a big baby andthe fact they wont let me labour long if its a big one. I need to be fitter!
Maybe im being hard on myself but I just wish I had made more of an effort.

Laura.

After having Amy i didn't tone up my belly or exercise as i didn't see the point cos we were going to try for another after a year or so.

While i was pregnant with Jack my bump wasn't a round tight ball like it is supposed to be instead it ended up going egg shaped side ways, it looked like a rugby ball had been shoved up my top. i was well know in the anti natal clinic for my odd shaped stomach and this is a result of my abdominal muscles being too relaxed and sloppy shall we say so it was letting baby go everywhere.

I don't know if this can affect pregnancy in anyway but it won't be happening for me again.

:D

I am totally trying to get back into really good shape so next time I'll be fit enough to continue exercising through pregnancy. It's not uncommon for your abdominal muscles to be separated after birth, so I got to work on that at 6 weeks pp when my midwife gave me the okay. I'm enjoying working out and looking better(I thought it would never be possible after what I seen in the mirror after Ava was born. :shock: ) and I figure why make it harder on myself after baby 2 arrives? My husband and I would like 3 or 4 kids so I think it's pretty important for me to get in shape and stay in shape if I'm ever going to cope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back