Getational diabetes worry? Measuring on larger side of normal

SiameseCatLady

Reaction score
Hi ladies.
Midwife said all is fine, but bump measuring on large side of normal at appointment today. Baby very active and strong hb. Also small amount of glucose in urine. Had just had sugar and did wee afterwards, though. However, slightly worried as she mentioned if you're too big you have to have a scan. Obviously gestational diabetes is a worry for me, but she said everything is fine.
I don't know why she mentioned scan etc. if not a concern... Going back in two weeks using fmu as test. Looked at gestational diabetes on NHS site and the other thing I'm worried about is that at 20 week scan, my bubba's abdominal measurement was larger side of normal and it says if baby's abdominal size is too big can be a sign of g. diabetes.

Last edited:
As long as you plot steadily between the centiles then all is ok. It's if there is a big rise or fall in measurements or if you're above or below the centiles then a scan is indicated.
Sounds like she is doing the first basic test for GD at your next app, if you have glucose in your fmu then you will be booked in for a GTT.
If she's not concerned at this stage you shouldn't be either x

Thanks, scn. I know hearing 'normal' is normally reassuring for others. I just worry too much. I always think that midwife isn't telling me something because she knows I have bad anxiety.
Anyway, thanks. Will keep my fingers crossed that next urine test will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back