Gestational Diabetes

Katied1

Reaction score
Just had my blood test results back and yup, I have it :-( x

:-( what does this mean for you? Is it just a change of diet or have u not discussed it yet x

Sent from my GT-I9300

Really oh no! X

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

I've still to see the diabetic nurse, but I'm guessing its diet controlled x

I know someone that has it. I think it depends on how bad you've got it as to whether you need meds or just diet controlled. Have to avoid anything sweet unfortunately either way!

Fingers crossed for dier control. All worth it for babs at the end xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

It won't be for that much longer at least :) lucky it's only a temporary thing eh?! Hope it's not too complicated for you to get under control xx

Think you are just given a diet to follow, no carbs, sugars etc... torture when pregnant but at least it isnt permanent!! :)

Fingers crossed it's easy to control xx

yeah they will try just diet controlled for a start, no sugary stuff hun. and its really worth being strict with yourself as the main danger with GD is baby gaining too much weight leading to problems delivering and problems with babys blood sugar after birth. if you can just control your diet then theres no reason for it to affect you or baby in any way really.
i guess at least its better to know about it now :)

I got diagnosed last week. Diet controlled taking blood sugars twice a day if I get 2 post meal readings above 8 then its tablets. (had 1) Its not just sugar but carbs to avoid. I will need yearly fasting glucose test then for llife as higher risk of getting type 2 diabetes. Offered me a sweep at 38 weeks and continue with growth scans. I had 6 people at my initial appt. Obstetric consultant with interest in diabetes, diabetic consultant with interest in gestationl dibetes, diabetic nurse, dietician, midwife and med student.

I was told they would not give me tablets if the diet control wasn't working, I'd be put straight on insulin x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back