Germs

K80

Reaction score
Is anyone else panicking about all the germs that are floating around at this time of year?! I live in small town and everyone seems to be catching a stomach bug that floors them for a couple of days. With it being Hogmanay tonight, and all those kisses at the bells, I'm seriously considering saying to folk "happy new year, all the best" shaking their hand and walking away. Maybe a sign round my neck saying 'no kisses'!!
Has anyone had a tummy bug this year? How bad is it when pregnant? Is it dangerous for baby?
Am I being a bit irrational??!!

I had a tummy bug xmas day! I was throwing up with really bad stomach pains but after a couple of hours it passed....plus I had a stinking cold so was quite poorly...I'm ok now though :)

I remember reading that when your ill it doesn't effect baby...I remember when I was preg with my daughter I had a raging flu and was bedridden for days and she was fine :)

As for germs I am sooooo paranoid about everything! Although my mum says that sometimes it's worst if you keep yourself from every germ coz you won't build up a resistance to it...not sure about that mind

Not to panic you, buy my friends lil sis had norivirus last week, she got taken into hospital - but just for one night to give anti sickness and keep her properly hydrated, but her and her LO (due in may) are both fine. Xxx

I deal with the elderly every day and there's always something going round but I try not to worry about it really. Just be sensible, if someone looks ill don't kiss them lol and good hygeine, I have an antibacterial spray in my bag for my hands. Plenty of vitamin c and water and you should get through the winter ok xxxxxxxxxx

Just realised how negative my post sounds - but it was kinda meant to point out that even if you are unlucky enough to catch somethings - its not necessarily much worse cos your pregnant. Kat was absolutely back to normal after 24 hours - her sis who's not pregnant suffered worse. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back