George William born 21 July 2013

tilly16

Reaction score
So 8 days on my little boy is sleeping and we have no visitors meaning I can finally write my birth story!!! I apologise in advance its a long one!

I had a little bit of a build up to actual labour was loosing my plug and had an upset tummy for the week before hand. On Thursday evening I started getting contractions they were about 30 secs long and about 20 mins apart so I thought this was the start had a shower washed my hair even managed to shave my legs. The contractions continued throughout the night and into Friday but they then lost the pattern and became really irregular by the evening they had stopped completely!!

Saturday morning they returned they were still only 30-40 secs long but were about 10 mins apart I didn't think anything of them and tried not to get my hopes up we went off to homebase to buy a garden gate and some fence stain and then went off to sainsburys to get some food. By 6pm they were 5-6 mins apart but still lasting no longer than 40 secs, by this time my parents had arrived so we decided to go out for a curry to pass a bit of time! whilst we were there I had my show.

I phoned the hospital at midnight who were still saying my contractions weren't long enough even though they were 3-4 mins apart I could feel they were getting more intense but took their advise and took some more paracetamol I wanted to stay at home as long as possible and really didn't want to be sent home once I was there.

By 1:30am I was starting to feel uneasy I was still managing to breathe through the pain but they were consistently 3 mins apart, I called the hospital again and asked to go in and be checked and agreed that I would come home if I wasn't in established labour!

I arrived at 2:10 and was told to be prepared to go home as it was clear I wasn't in enough pain to be staying and labour ward was packed they examined me at 2:30 and was told I was 5cm's dilated!!! woohoo I couldn't have been more pleased, my waters were bulging but as I was still on triage and not going anywhere anytime soon they were not prepared to break them.

I had been in for reduced movements on 3 occasions so was told I would need to be on the monitor throughout labour and that meant no water birth for me.

I was taken to labour ward at 7am ready for the change of shifts at 7:15. I was examined again at 7:30 and was still only 5-6 cm's I could of cried, she then broke my waters- what a bizarre feeling that is felt like I was weeing myself and had no control over it they just didn't seem to stop.

I was next examined at 9:30 and was 7cms by this time I was absolutely exhausted and was having what felt like a constant contraction I had tried gas and air but it was no longer taking the edge off, Kathryn (our midwife) suggested I try pethadine, whilst she was out of the room arranging this I had a mini meltdown and asked for an epidural the one thing I had always said I didn't want but the fear of the pain was overtaking the fear of the needle!!! I was also restricted on positions due to being on the monitor they had tried to put a clip on Georges head but because he had sooo much hair it was unable to pick up his heartbeat, I was exhausted and my feet were swollen as ever so ended up sat on the bed the exact position I did not want to be in!!!

Anyway one shot of pethadine and 10 minutes later and I was on cloud 9 it was amazing!!!! I literally slept between each contraction woke up took a couple of sucks on the gas and air and then back off to sleep. Perfect :)

11:30 arrived and I got an almighty urge to push it was now that I was told that he was laying on his side so before I could push him out I would have to push him into the right position.. great.

1 hour later and he was in prime position I was 10cm's and we were ready to go 25 minutes later our little man made his entrance into the world. I can honestly say he is worth every minute of pain and I would go through it all again 100 times over for him xxx

george1_zpsf3695add.jpg

our gorgeous boy George William born 12:54 21/07/2013 weighing 9lb1oz xx

Hes gorgeous Sam!!!! His blonde hair is luuuush xxx

Awh he's so cute! Congrats again :) x

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Wow he has gorgeous blonde hair!!! What a cutie, congratulations! X

He is absolutely georgeous congrats enjoy him xxx

Arr congratulations his hair is amazing I don't think I have ever seen a new born with so much blonde hair x

What a handsome boy! Congratulations, and well done! :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

have just cried reading this god am emotional you did amazing Sam and his just adorable that hair is just yummy xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back