General Chit Chat thread

Hi all I'm another sarah from Essex and work part time as an administrator for local health visitors, lots of babies and baby talk, harsh! We have a 3 year old daughter nancy and we're trying for number 2. I'm 37 and hubby 43 so time is a ticking xx

Hi ladies! I'm Vicki and I'm 30 (imaginative username lol) I'm from Durham and I'm a qualified primary teacher, but haven't been working for a long while due to illness. Hubby is David and we're on our first cycle ttc (cd9). Excited muchly!

Good luck to all!

Enjoy those much needed 6 weeks Mrs nel!

Thanks Vic! I teach year 1 at a school for children with additional support needs so im in major need of my holidays! X

Hi all I'm another sarah from Essex and work part time as an administrator for local health visitors, lots of babies and baby talk, harsh! We have a 3 year old daughter nancy and we're trying for number 2. I'm 37 and hubby 43 so time is a ticking xx

Oh crikey that must be hard in your job loads of baby talk lol x

BabyDust *****

It is! Luckily the days I work aren't when they hold the baby weighing clinics as that would tip me over the edge!! Where in Essex are you? Xx

It is! Luckily the days I work aren't when they hold the baby weighing clinics as that would tip me over the edge!! Where in Essex are you? Xx

Goodness that would be torture wouldn't it!! X

I'm in havering where abouts r u ? X

BabyDust *****

A room full of babies would be part torture part therapy!!! I'm in leigh-on-sea xx

A room full of babies would be part torture part therapy!!! I'm in leigh-on-sea xx

Yeah I suppose you would have a bit of baby time and I love being with new babies just hard when not your own

Ah not too far, I love Leigh, me and OH love a stroll through old Leigh x x

BabyDust *****

I know, I love a newborn! It is lovely in leigh, lucky to live here, we can walk to old leigh but is a good 30/40 mins, good exercise! Xx

Oh wow...I bet you need the hols Mrs nel! My first job after pgce was working in a 11-16 sebd school. Mire crowd control, chair throwing, restraining, but occasionally teaching English & Maths to year 7! Also did older years so was really strange after primary pgce. Did supply in primary after that.

Thanks, I've been poorly since December 2011 with dizziness, extreme fatigue and then this time last year, everything seemed to kick in, the room was spinning, I could smell a petrol smell, a flowery smell, seizures, didn't sleep for a week as felt like I was falling, had severe headaches, neck pain, could barely move about, couldn't even sit on the toilet unsupported, didn't go to the loo for 3 weeks, had night sweats, lost weight, random bruising on my legs, felt sick. After a week in hospital they found nothing wrong apart from high prolactin, testosterone, pcos! A year later u have the headaches, daily light headedness and the spinning, fatigue, struggle to stand on the spot for too long and no clue what's wrong. We went from temporal lobe epilesy-brain inflamation-depression (yes I was depressed, because of the dizziness if 6 months!) - ME/CFS - ear disorders - pots syndrome and now I'm at the stage where my GP has given up! Also had colonoscopy as I bled for a few months, but that was non specific colitis.

I could wait to tcc til I'm better, but really, what is the point!?! I don't know when that will be! Just hoping I will be ok if I get pregnant...miscarriage and pregnancy wise.

Sorry...that came out as a rant! X

Ok after reading that through I don't appear fit to look after a baby. I'm much better than I was lol. Just wish I knew what's wrong. They think It's some sort of infection leaving me with a balance disorder that doesn't have usual symptoms. It's just frustrating feeling like um going to pass out all day, I never do, but the near fainting is awful, as is the rolling of the eyes when people think I'm drunk in the supermarket lol x I have to laugh about it!

Christ vic you've had a shitty old time of it. I've had a rough time with health probs in the past and I secretly (and hubby very openly) worried if I would cope with a baby and I've been fine. I get extremely fatigued but have managed my life around it. Good for you for going for it, you know your capabilities xx

Christ Vic, il 2nd Dee, sounds like a hell of a time you've had hun.
Glad to hear u r feeling better,
Xx

Thanks girls. Thanks Dee, It's nice to know that I may be able to cope and well done to you :) suppose I'll have to cope! My hubby is great, as are both families. The tiredness doesn't worry me, just I'm more dizzy when I don't get the right sleep. Ahem! Lol could be fun :)

I'm allowed to drive again so that's great, I'm still as dizzy as I was in September but they can't say why I can't drive now as they can't find a cause! It's all very strange indeed. Perhaps a simple thing they've missed. I'm hoping one day I'll wake up not feeling like I'm going to pass out and I'll be able to relax and not have to concentrate on holding my body upright, but until then there's always hope! The body is a strange thing!

xx

xx

Bodies are indeed bizarre. I've spent thousands in the past on various alternative therapies, stick to weird diets etc, been on hardcore drugs....since having a baby I've been much better! Been having acupuncture for fertility and its actually really helped with my general health do worth considering xx

That's really interesting as my physio has referred me to the manager of the health centre to have a free advice chat about other treatments, one of which is acupuncture! xx

Hi, I'm 31 my husband is 36. Ttc our first since December. I work on a dairy farm although I was a building inspector by trade but was made redundant due to the lack of building work going on at the moment. To be honest I probably won't go back and work in that area even if it picks up as I love my current lifestyle. We live in Wales :)

Hi there.....in Janice, I'm 32 and live in the US in Washington state....I work in an emergency room as a nurse assistant but will be done with nursing school in June 2014 so then I'll be an RN...I also coach my daughters gymnastics team....we are TTC baby #3!!! Nice to meet you all!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back