Gender Selection

Salley

Reaction score
Is it myth/old wives tales or can we really impact the gender of our babies? I've read/heard that if you BD just before OV then your chances for a girl increase because female semen is resilient and slow, while male is fast and short-lived. I've also heard that if you're acidic or alkaline impacts the gender, though I don't recall which is for which. OH and I would really like to have a girl so I'm curious if there are any tricks you all have heard or read about for both girls and boys. And go!

I have an app that says when is best to achieve a boy or girl mine says if you bed on the night of ovulation the chances are higher it being a boy. I don't care though I would just like a baby.
Just seen your sticker about a furbaby, what are you getting? I have two cross breed dogs xx

Nothing can promise you one or the other but in my fertility book, it says if you want a girl bd up until 2 days before ov then stop of you want a boy bd the day before and the of ov. Female sperm can live longer :) xx

I know it's unlikely to actually pick your gender, just a fun thread to talk about it. :) Trying to keep myself distracted from tww.

Darcy I'm getting a chocolate Labrador retriever! She's likely to be the first of many as I'm planning to breed her when she's of age. Already searching diy dog food recipes to be sure she eats the best. I'm going to get her trained to be a service dog too. What are your dogs?

Mu dogs are a mix of collie and staffy, we got them at five weeks and they will be seven this year. I just recently lost my lab she was 14. And that's me in the tww now.

I think there are ways of increasing one or the other, but not actually guarantee it.

We'd love to have a girl as already have a boy, but not trying anything in particular as we just really want a baby. So will be happy with either and wouldn't want to think we missed out on conceiving because we were trying for a certain time.

However, if you really want a girl there's no harm trying, as long as you know you wouldn't be disappointed if you tried and then found out you were still having a boy

Mu dogs are a mix of collie and staffy, we got them at five weeks and they will be seven this year. I just recently lost my lab she was 14. And that's me in the tww now.

Awww, we have a collie cross staffy - looks nothing like a collie though, just staff lol.xx

I did a google search for collie staffy cross, they're adorable!

Darcy I'm so sorry to hear you lost your lab, they're great dogs. At least you got a lot of years to make memories!

I think it has more to do with what sperm the guy is producing lol.

This time (3rd baby but different dad to the older 2) we only DTD once and it was on CD11 and I normally have long cycles like 30-33 days, so wouldn't have expected to ovulate til around the 16th! But anyway, I must have OV'd earlier as it's extremely rare for sperm to live that long, they can live for up to 5 days but most die in the first 48hrs.
Anyway, judging by the theory of girl sperm living longer it's more likely that the baby is a girl. But I haven't found out. Will have to see (not long to wait now, I'm 37 weeks tomorrow and had the other 2 at 37 weeks so don't expect to get to 40 weeks)

Oh and I have a staffy cross... supposed to be springador x collie but who knows, he has all sorts in his mix ;) His mum was a lab x springer I think and his dad was said to be a collie but I think it was a staffy cross tbh.

My dogs are fed raw, you should look into it :) My crossbreed is almost 5 and the chihuahua is almost 6 (next month). And I have cats as well and they all eat raw.

This is Buster (crossbreed)

Attachments

• buster1.jpg
    buster1.jpg
    502.1 KB · Views: 8
Awww he's adorable if I can figure out how to put in a pic of mine I will one looks like a collie the other a staffy but they are from the same litter. X
When are you testing this month Salley?

Tilly on the left Ben on the right

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Need to post reply in go advanced, and then click the paperclip with all the edit stuff, then add pic then press paperclip again and should see ref to your pic, click it and should add x

Your furbabies are precious! Thank you both for sharing :)

Darcy FF says to test the 24th, AF predicted for 20th so I'll probably test on the 19th if I don't feel like AF is coming / have symptoms that make me think I'm pregos. I've been light on the symptoms this month so not thinking I'm getting a BFP this cycle. When do you test?

I'm waiting this time till af is about a week late, I was two days late last month and got my hopes up. If I test before af is due it seems to be more of a disappointment. I've still got 16 days ish to wait. And thanks my dogs mean the world to me I can't imagine life without them anymore xx

Darcy, I had the same situation last month. AF was two days late and I was certain I had a BFP waiting for me--nope. Nearly cried when I felt that trickle of AF at, what I thought to be, 16dpo (I apparently ovulated later in the month than I thought, so I'm super tracking everything this month). I've always had dogs, since I was a kid and getting this lab puppy will be refreshing, I put my deposit down to console my disappointment last month. I'm getting some kind of baby in my life one way or another! Even if it is a furbaby. :)

So I came across the Chinese calendar... I wonder how accurate a prediction this thing is...

chinese-calendar_1388109866.gif

Oh well if it goes by that should be a girl for me lol! I haven't been tracking that much I have two apps but both are telling me differently so dtd everyday if possible, OH is backshift this week so he's not finishing till late and getting up late. I Can't afford to buy opk as I'm self employed so just seeing if Mother Nature will let things happen. Are you getting your dog as a puppy because that will defo keep your mind off things stock up on paper towels and stain remover lol xx

There's cheapo opk's from China on eBay.. That's what I use. If you were closer I'd share I just bought 50 for $6. And yes we're getting her as a puppy, 6 weeks when she comes home with us, I can't wait.. I love the smell of puppy breath lol

I think if nothing happens in the next few months I will get some. I wish my dogs smelt like puppies again now they just stink there favourite thing to do is roll around in cow pats or dead animals, I love the puppy stage it's so fun I got loads of videos of mine on YouTube so I can look back. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back