Gender predictions did they come true?

catherine23

Reaction score
When you found out the sex of your baby did it surprise you or did you feel you knew anyway (not just guessing)?
Did Your symptoms etc. go with he old wives tales of a boy or a girl, a few are.

For a Boy

1. Suddenly you can only eat mainly bland food and Salty food?
2. Your skin looks better than ever? Maybe because you drink more water?
3. You've gone off tea?

For a girl

1. You crave sweet or very flavoured foods?
2. You look spotty?
3. Your more emotional? maybe due to having two womens hormones now!

It would be great to know if people got it right or not!

Well going by that theory then Im carrying a girl, so I will let you know!

They also say you can tell from a scan picture......if the back of the head is flat it's a boy, if it's rounded it's a girl.......that was my midwive's theory and it worked with both my two!!

Hopefully later on this week I'll be able to tell you what gender my baby actually is..... but until then:

At the beginning of the pregnancy I went off tea, I had periods when I could only eat bland food and periods when I could only eat sweet food. My skin has been pretty good all the way through the pregnancy and I have been more emotional. So what's your guess?!!! :lol:

My mother in law did that one where she spun my wedding ring on a piece of thread over my bump and it said it was a boy, so we'll see!

I really haven't got a clue what it'll be!

lol sure its not twins Diddlum? hehe! So your due now? are you over due or due soon as says 0 days left on your calender? Ohh bet your excited!

Kerry so that mean mines a girl? or is it the lower bit it looks flat lol im confused! take a look a t the pic see what you think???? but that the first girl one ive had soo far, ohh!!!!!

It's due today Catherine!! No signs yet though. :( Well according to the scans it's not twins.... Hope not or hubby might leave us! :lol:

I'm just about to go and get in a HOT bath - hopefully might have some effect!!

oohh!!! blimey!!

Have you tried nipple stimulation?? they say that can start the contractions off? Im not sure if youve heard of it, but basically you have to mimick sucking, some women even use a pump, but you can do it by hand.

Well the bath hasn't worked!

I have heard of the nipple thing, but don't fancy it much to be honest! Plus from what I've read you have to do it for hours on end for it to work!

yeah does seem a little strange! Oh I hope it happens soon for you!! I bet that all you can think about! maybe a vindaloo??? lol
cat x

I had a strong feeling from the time I got my BFP that I was expecting a girl. I was a bit thrown off until my scan because I had reoccuring dreams of baby boys. When the u/s tech told me it was a girl, I was thrilled! I guess I should have listened to my instinct from early on.

Yeah I keep thinking its a going to be a boy, but I wonder if thats more because I have a clear idea of a boy's name so subconciously it makes the idea of a boy more real cause I can put a name to it. Where as we cant decide on a girls name.

I knew from the day I found out I pregnant that it was a boy. Don't know how just knew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back