Gender Dissapointment??

cw25

Reaction score
Anyone else worried about this or suffering from it??

At first I was SO certain I wanted a boy the thought of a girl genuinely deeply upset me and I can not explain why but it was a huge problem for me...

BUT now I feel him/her moving and I am growing attached it really is less of a worry for me...

We find out on Tuesday and I just want to know either way I wont actually know how it'll effect me till then if it's a girl... if it is a boy I will be hugely shocked as Im certain it's a girl but don't know if it's a protection mechanism I've given myself if u get me...

Was just wondering how other people are feeling and how it effected them??

I know once he/she is born it won't matter but the want for a son is still there and I do think I will shed a tear if it's not a boy for the son I may never have it doesn't mean I will love a girl any less though....

Hope everyone is well :) x

I've always said I don't mind, as it's my first, although I have two step daughters. I am CONVINCED it is a girl though and to be fair I think i will freak out, albeit momentarily, if it's a boy! as I feel i have bonded with squiggle as a girl. I would be a bit sad, for my hubby as much as myself, if I never have a boy, as will only be having two max (if i'm lucky enough to fall pregnant again of course).

It's a very real thing and some women really suffer, so I have sympathy. I know a healthy baby is all we all want but you can't help it if you're attached to one gender or another, or whatever reason. I thin it's good to be able to talk about it without being berated as ungrateful.

xx

I've always said I don't mind, as it's my first, although I have two step daughters. I am CONVINCED it is a girl though and to be fair I think i will freak out, albeit momentarily, if it's a boy! as I feel i have bonded with squiggle as a girl. I would be a bit sad, for my hubby as much as myself, if I never have a boy, as will only be having two max (if i'm lucky enough to fall pregnant again of course).

It's a very real thing and some women really suffer, so I have sympathy. I know a healthy baby is all we all want but you can't help it if you're attached to one gender or another, or whatever reason. I thin it's good to be able to talk about it without being berated as ungrateful.

xx

That's it people are far to quick to judge others and it's something you can't understand unless you've been through it just like depression or miscarriage it is a real issue and should be talked about more.....

I felt really ashamed and guilty at first but now I don't care what others think about me personally....

As I said it has improved or I think it has the wait now is killing me though want to know one way or the other to be able to get on with it lol x

I do worry about it just because ive experienced true clinical depression and have now convinced myself that im more susceptible to these kind of things.

I wanted a boy and was sure it wad a boy. Then i started to think its girl, now that ive convinced myself that its a girl and i have a definite name for a girl I reeeally want it to be a girl! I have a stepson and this is my first baby. I think if we have a girl it'll start to feel like a new experience for OH too because I cant help but worry the whole thing is less exciting for him because he's done it all before.
Plus stepson has a brother now on his mums side so a sister would be nice for him :)

So yeah im kinda banking on girl, I really don't know how I'll react if I gwt told boy!
I know ill adjust and love my baby either way but I will feel a little disappointed for a while, even if just the rest of the day!

I haven't been through it but it was a very real worry for me, I desperately didn't want a girl, largely due to the relationship I've had with my own mother & I was really scared about how I would react/cope if it was a girl. I am having a boy, which I'm over the moon with. My partner really wanted a boy too. I'm already thinking about the next one, & even the one after that because I would really really like all boys. Everyone is entitled to a preference & these preferences are usually based on very personal past experiences so no one has the right to judge how you feel or what you'd like your future to look like x

Im the same i reli reli want a girl and dont no how i will react if i get told boy i no i will love this baby no matter what but both me and oh want a girl we already have a boy and an angel baby girl this may sound reli bad but i have already atarted planning anotger if this one is a girl not that i wouldnt want this baby if its a boy as all i reli want it a healtly baby but i got my heart set on a girl ive tried convinsing my aelf itas a boys so it will soften the blow if it does turn out to be a boy but i keep goin bak to girl thoughts xxx

When I was pregnant with my first, I wanted a girl and was convinced that was what I was having. Had a gender scan at 16 weeks where they said boy. I was actually shocked just because I had been so convinced I was carrying a girl. But even though my preference was a girl then, I didn't care at all because I thought next time will be a girl. But this is next time and I'm having another boy.

I have to admit that I did feel a bit sad that this baby wasn't a girl but the baby was healthy and the sonographer said that they baby was developing perfectly. I never thought I'd feel like that because it took me so long to fall pregnant with my son to the point where I thought I'd never actually have a baby. But I think it's just that we will now go for baby number 3 in a few years and I will be even more desperate for a girl as I don't think I could cope with 4 children! But if that is another boy then I'll just count my blessings that I have 3 healthy children. Some people will never be able to have children so I just consider myself so lucky that I can have them, whether they are boys or girls x

I have had these thoughts, we are desperate for a girl, as its progressed and concerns over the 20 week anomaly scam, we are just hoping for a healthy baby. Girl would be great, but healthy is important. Think of the family's who can't have a baby, be grateful you can, this helped me to get over it :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

I really really wanted a girl, convinced myself it would be as we are both from families full of girls, even though I had a boy 'feeling' I truly thought it would be a girl, when they told me boy at my gender scan I went into panic mode for a day or 2 and felt quite sad but I'm past it now and happy :) oh has 2 little girls already so I'm excited its something new for us both this time round! Already told him I want to try for a girl ASAP though :p xxx

I wasn't disappointed to be having a girl, but I was 100% sure it was a boy. I was glad we asked at our 20 week scan, as it took me a couple of days to get my head around it. I wouldn't have wanted to do this at the birth tho.
After 2.5 years of trying, I am just happy to be finally pregnant. I don't think anyone should be judged on having a preference, as everyone has their reasons x

I would really like a girl for a million and one different reasons. My family is known for having girls - my mum alone had 5 of them lol But obviously the male "chooses" the sex. So, as bad as it sounds, I'm convinced I'm carrying a boy just because I want a girl so much.

I think if it is a boy I will probably be a little disappointed to start off with (and feel horrendously bad cause I know I should be happy with the fact my baby is healthy) but I strongly believe that I will get over it and bond with baby no matter what.

Every one has their preferences. We are only human and when there is a chance of two different out comes, we always end up favouring one of them, tis only natural!

I wanted a boy first for so long but I'm convinced it's a girl! We're staying team yellow, I always said I would because I didn't want to find out it was a girl and it ruin the pregnancy for me! I know that is an awful thing to say but now I am pregnant and happy I don't think I mind as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back