Gender confusion

Lil miss lee

Reaction score
Has anyone ever been for a gender scan at 16 weeks and been told ur having a boy and it turns out to be a girl or vice versa?

It happened to my sister in law although at her scan they told her they couldn't be 100% sure because the baby was in a funny position. She boight everything for a boy but she ended up having a girl!
Why do you ask? Are you worried it might happen?

I went for a gender scan at just before 16 weeks they told us a boy also but said she couldn't b 100% sure. There supposed to show u in detail y they say boy/girl but she just said if u seen what I did im saying boy c

Not me.

But my friend was told girl and had a boy x

I have my 20 week scan next Friday so hoping they also say boy but I just have to wait and see xx

This happened to my cousin and his mrs! They were told a boy, bought everything for a boy. Had a private 3D scan and found it was a girl! X

My mum was told I was a boy but that was back in the dark ages haha SURPRISE! I'm not a boy lol

It's prob just me being paranoid because I have bought lots of blue lol xx

Our neighbour is was told a boy & came out a girl. Another reason why we didn't want to find out. I think it's nice to have the surprise at the end.

I have a handsome 10 week old son who I was told was a girl at my 20 week scan. Still not repainted the pink nursery lol

My work colleague thought his baby was a girl until very late on in the pregnancy... definitely a little boy popped out!

I'm a little worried about this. I was told girl at my 20 week scan, had another scan at 25 weeks, and they didn't contradict us when we referred to her as a girl the entire time. I haven't brought much clothes wise, just in case.

I had one at 19 weeks and the ultrasound tech told me I was having a girl but that he could not be 100 percent but he was fairly confident. I refused to buy anything pink out of fear it could still be a boy. Luckily I had another scan at 31 weeks and they confirmed she is a girl. But have all neutral colours. My cousin was told she was having a boy at 17 weeks and had a girl.

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

I had one at 16 weeks they said girl then at my 20 week scan I pretended I didn't know what we was having and they said girl. They do say you shouldn't have one before 16 weeks. They also have to say they can't be 100% just incase they are wrong xx

I have my 20 week scan on Friday. I'm sure it will be a lil boy but I will see if I get told the same at this scan then il know for sure cc

I went for a scan at 16 weeks and was told it was a boy. I was ecstatic. I didn't realise how much I wanted a boy until I was told I was having one. Already having a little girl I was just on cloud 9. Then at my nhs 20 week scan I was told it was a girl. The 20 week scan was right, it was a girl. I looked online loads and it is mostly people getting told girls that end up with boys and not the other way round. But it can happen. I took it really bad for a few weeks, I was so dissapointed not to be having a boy. I would never have had those feelings had I been told I was having a girl in the 1st place. I'm sure most are correct. LOL just typical of me... Would never ever change my 2 girls at all. Just wasn't nice to get excited about a boy to then be told it wasn't.

We did see something between the legs. My partner is adamant it was the umbilical cord as it was very long and thin and I thought they had to point out baby scrotum and penis ? None of this was pointed out to us but I think I am just being paranoid lol x

I'm a bit nervous about this. OH was convinced there was nothing between baby's legs (although he's hardly an expert) but when we asked the scan lady was so sure it was a boy. Even said it was a massive willy. We have to go back on Friday as she couldn't measure the heart properly and I'm going to ask again, just in case! Xxx

I had a 16 week gender scan and I'm also having a boy. :) I'm yet to have my 20 week scan however! I think it's much harder to mistake a boy for a girl, as with a boy there's obvious bits there! I have all confidence that I'm having a boy cos their parts were extremely visible!

Try not to worry, the private sonographers are usually (I find anyway) more accurate as you're paying privately for their services so do a more thorough job if I'm honest, mistakes can always be made and if that's the case, there isn't much that can be done! But I'm sure everything will be fine at 20 weeks they'll confirm a little boy :) Good luck! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back