gave birth 3 weeks ago, is this normal?

xnicolaxcx

Reaction score
i gave birth 3 weeks ago. i thought i was healing quite well but im still in so much pain when i wee. it really stings still. i was wondering is this normal? i tore right next to my urethra so i know why it was stinging at the start but it just doesnt seem to be easing up. :(

also i keep bleeding like iv just cut myself.

everytime i asked the midwife to check me she said there was nothing wrong but i cant help think i have caught an infection.

everytime i go toilet im really careful and take a bowl of water and bathe myself afterwards.

has anyone else experienced this?

Hiya hun,

I didnt tear at all just a little graze and I was still sore for about 2 weeks after so I imagine if you have tore it would be painful for longer than that.

prob TMI but does it smell. cos i would imagine if you had an infection it would smell. go to your docs to get checked over if your worried though :hug:

yes I have

I tore really bad and needed 30 stitches.... made my life hell for a good 6-8 weeks after, midwife told me to hold a sanitry pad down there whilst you wee as its suppose to help the stingness, didnt help me at all tbh.... what helped me was the salt in the bath twice a day.

Hi, i tore really bad with my second son and it was like that too, i tore all up the front and i say thats normal, sore but normal, i hope you are feeling better soon .. :hug:

i was in so much pain and it wasn't improving so had urine sample tested and i had inflamation cells and was given anti bitoics..if your not happy have a chat with your GP

I would get a second opinion babes, just to make sure.

I had a second degree tear which took an hour to stitch. I never had any problems and you wouldn't even know that I had a tear. No itching, no stinging and no walking or siting funny. I stopped bleeding 1 week ago.

Let us know how you are getting on.

1 bit of advise would be... take a jug to the toilet and pour warm water over yourself when u wee..xxx and use salt in the bath gl

i seem to remember it still stinging a bit when i pee'd
for a few weeks and i was still bleeding heavily for about 4 weeks,
but get the nurse at your gp's to check you over if u have any doubts!
also try putting a few drops of teatree oil in your bath that helped me
a lot when my stitches were a bit sore!
hope you feel better soon x

:hug:

sounds really odd i know, but one of my MWs told me that breast milk in the bath water was supposed to help with healing, because of the antibodies and things... has anyone else heard that?

i stood in the bath to wee and had the shoer head on my bits which stopped the stinging, it was just a bugger getting in and out of the bath eveytime i needed a wee! But if your worried ask your midwife again, thats what they are there for

kitten1102 said:
:hug:

sounds really odd i know, but one of my MWs told me that breast milk in the bath water was supposed to help with healing, because of the antibodies and things... has anyone else heard that?

'Yes breastmilk is fabulous stuff!

Taken from
http://members.tripod.com/~bmsg/breastmilkuses.htm

Eye infections / Conjuctivitis ("Pink Eye"): Squirt into the eye. Do this as frequently as possible until healed. If the baby/child doesn’t allow you to squirt breastmilk into his eye, then do it while they are sleeping. Squirt around the crease of closed eyes, then gently lift the lids to allow the breastmilk to seep into the eye.

Sore/cracked nipples: Rub into nipples after feedings and air dry.

Scratches/Scrapes/Cuts: Squirt & clean wound first with the breastmilk; then apply some more on wound and air dry. This is really great when on outings where no ready water supply is available. If the cut is on the lips or mouth area, healing will be especially easy for a breastfeeding baby or child. Just the simple act of nursing the child not only calms the child from the pain of the injury, but the breastmilk that must pass the wound during nursing will close the cut rather quickly.

Mosquito bites / Ant bites: Squirt on bite and rub in. Helps to stop the itching.

Ear infections: Squirt or pour into sore ear

Acne / Eczema / Diaper rash: Wash skin with water, then apply breastmilk all over. Air Dry.

Facial Cleanser: Apply breastmilk on face & wipe clean. Great even for removing eye-makeup! ( :rotfl: be daring! )

Sore throats/Mouth Sores: A baby/child that is still breastfeeding can benefit by directly nursing. If not, drinking a cup of expressed breastmilk will help. It certainly helped when my then 19-month-old son had mouth sores from a bout of Hand, Foot & Mouth disease. His mouth was too sore to nurse directly from the breast, but drinking expressed breastmilk from a cup helped heal the sores in a day.

Stuffy noses: Squirt into nose and suction or squeeze out as you would with saline.

If you have an older child/spouse who is ill, give them some breastmilk. It's a great immunity booster! (tho I think some OHs wouldnt want to :rotfl: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back