Game: does the person bellow me ????

xmasangls

Reaction score
ok thought we could all play a game:

I will ask a question, then the next person to post an swers it then asks another question, ETC ETC
Questions dont have to be just about pregnancy,

Question: Is this your first child,? If not how many do you have?

Love this idea...certainly something different.

Thanks for this xmasangl.

OK answer to your question is this your first Child.

Well, in short NO. This will be Child Number Six. I already have Five Children. Son of 19, and Daughters of 17 (she is expecting too!!!) 15, 12 and 11.

This however will be my husbands first child so you can imagine its very exciting for us all. The children are so excited too !!! Has been slightly marred by the fact we lost a baby at 11 weeks in 2003 so this has been a very tense and worrying pregnancy.

QUESTION FOR NEXT PERSON

Have you started getting any baby things (unlike me) and if you have what have you got? If you havnt, when will you start?

Just a quick introduction....This is mine and my DH's first baby and he/she is due 29th December.

Well I can say that I have bought far too much stuff already! :oops: Had the pram, cot, mattress, car seat, car seat holder, bouncing chair and highchair at 7 weeks (some my mum bought!).

Also bought a Graco swinging chair (off Ebay for £40, looks brand new and I am well chuffed with it), a collection of clothes from Newborn to 3-6 months, changing mat, nappies (!), nappy sacks, wetwipes, nappy cream stuff, cotton wool and bedding for the cot. I buy stuff from Tescos each week - like a packet of nappies and some nappy sacks etc.

Painted the nursery last week and it's almost finished.

Left to buy is a baby bath and accessories (nail scissors and stuff), changing bag, more clothes, breast pump and some bottles, Moses basket and bedding and toys! And anything anyone can remind me of :lol:

My question is......

Do you know the sex/or want to know the sex? And what was the reason for your decision?

Answer: My hubby does not want to know as he really wants to be surprised. I would love to know because it would help for shopping, and because I'm impatient :p But since I cannot keep a secret, I've decided to go along with hubby and wait to find out.

Question: Are you afraid of going into labour and what type of drugs, if any, do you think you will need?

Hi

I am absolutely pretrified of going into labour, you hear all these stories, and I know everyone is different. I am not sure what drugs I shall have maybe just the normal gas & air.

This is my question
If you are working at present, will you be giving up your job when baby comes along?

Hi

This is my 3rd baby, and i am just as excited this time as the previous two times. i also would love to know the sex of the baby but my hubby is adamant that he doesnt want to know. not decided what to do yet.

After the baby I am returning to work. Have been told that I may be entitled to 9 months maternity as it is changing. but i am going to look for a job that is only term time.

My question is Are you happy with the service you are getting from your midwife and hospital.

xx

Hey Im third trimester, can I still play!!!!

Im expecting my first, and In a new area so I dont know my GP and hospital so well, but my hospital has just been in the paper after being awarded the top score of three stars, (the only hospital in Norfolk, suffolk and cambridge to get this) plus all the midwifes, OB's etc I have seen have been really lovely and answered all my questions.

Next question . . .

What sort of delivery are you planning on? home/water/druged to the hilt?
and what other plans for birth do you have? Birth balls, aromatherapy, creative visualisation???

I'm planning a home/active/water birth. Definitely need water because i always get in the bath if I'm in any pain. However, due to some complications (short cervix low lying placenta etc) I may have to have a hospital birth so if that happens my only plan is for it to be quick, painless and trouble free. Optimistic???

How big do you want your family to be? I want 4 children but going to see how I cope with this one first :lol:

Hi, This is my first and my hubby's second, we'd like just another one after this, and as it took us 6 years to conceive we're not going to count on it, but you never know, something obviously happened so I might fall really quickly next time!

Ooo baby's kicking me! :D obviously likes me talking about him/her!

My Question:
How do you deal with family and friends that constantly give you advice that you really don't want? basically tell you what you should and shouldn't do all the time !!

Hmmmm

It's not so much advice - I want advice, I'm a first time mum to be...it's more the "don't lift that, you", or "What are you doing, running?" or "Oh for God's sake, that's my grandchild you're carrying, be careful and don't exert yourself." All this from my husband's parents who live quite near us. My father doesn't do that, but he's farther away. My Mom, sadly, is no longer with us...

But I deal with it by doing as I'm told until no-one's watching and then making the assessment myself as to whether I'll be able to do that!

Make sense?

Question for the next person:
If you've had a chance to ask your mother about her pregnancies, has it seemed as though you're showing the same tendencies as her (like morning sickness etc) or are these things hereditary at all?

Sue

well i wouldnt no becuae i am ttc but i think this is a great game to play!

I hope to concieve this month and wish you all luck and happiness on the births of your babies!!

my question:

did any of use get the feeling without testing that there was a baby there? What was the most unusual symptom u had?

I'm going to answer both above questions because I am greedy! :wink: :wink:

I have showed a lot of similar symptoms to my mum. The closest was that we can turn our noses up at a meal that we would normally gobble down, mainly out of tiredeness and nausea.

The main difference in our symptoms (which I am very relieved about) is that my mum was sick all day long when she was carrying me for the whole nine months! On the other hand, I haven't actually thrown up once and have just suffered mild to moderate nausea and only for about 6-7 weeks. Its long gone now!

The other question about the symptoms. Yes, I could tell I was pregnant before I took the test. I actually only took the test to prove it to my husband, as I was absolutely adament that we had cracked it. But I think that I only knew it because I had read all about it and all the symptoms were appearing one after the other. I was also looking out for them because I was hoping I was pregnant.

My most unusual symptom was that I couldn't blow dry my hair because it made me feel totally sick! :?: :?: :!: :?: :?: :!: :x

My question is:-

I felt really wide awake last night and thought I might not sleep, which is a sudden chamge from all my sleeping! is the person below me still feeling tired, or is your sleeping normal? or have you gone the other way completely and can't sleep? :?

Hi!!!

I have started not to sleep well about 3 weeks ago. I wake up at least 3/4 times a night, sometimes for the loo, sometimes because I just wake up without any reason. The first time I wake up I always feel like I have slept all night and I realise it is about 12 at night, great!!!! I feel tired before getting up but then, during the day I feel all right if I do not walk. If I walk then I get so tired!!!

My question is : what are your long lasting unpleasant symptoms of pregnancy? ( for example I keep passing wind all the time and the smell is just :shock: :twisted: :roll: )

Hi all well most symptoms gone apart from sore boobs and yes trapped wind still hangs in there if I'm not burping I'm..... well you all know what I mean!! :twisted:

Any way still happy to be PG with all of that! My question:

If you could change one thing about your pregnancy what would it be?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that really made me laugh!! :lol:
Hello everyone
I like this post, its one of the more interesting ones thats for sure!
My most unpleasant bit although its only been in the last trimester is really heavy pain in my pelvis. It hurts even to walk sometimes and going upstairs can be a real trauma!! I spoke to my midwife about it today and she says that your pelvic bone is not just one bone but three (i think) held together by ligaments. The ligaments stretch during pregnancy and can in some cases cause the bones to rub together, which is whats happening to me. She is going to give me a support belt which is apparently like a tubi grip bandage to take some of the weight of the bump which should alleviate it. Ho - hum!!
My question for the next person is - what is your biggest fear (whether it be part of labour, or actual parenthood)...?

what is your biggest fear ?

My biggest fear is extremely prem labour,( i lost twins last yr due to this)
I can cope with the pain etc that goes along with labour etc,

IS this you first Pregnancy? if so how many kids do you want, ?
or if this isnt your first PG how many kids have you got?

Hi everyone, great game!

Yes this is my first ever pregnancy as so far all going well! Not sure how many children we want, depends how good we are at parenting!

Question: have you picked out any baby names yet? were thinknig of Ruby Isabella for a girl but do you think it sounds a bit too like Rubella!! dont want to have our child taunted at school for havein name that sounds like disease! are we just being paranoid!? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sarah x

At the moment

For a girl it is Eloise and for a boy John.

My question:- Is anyone worried about how they will cope in those first few hours when you take the baby home? It terrifies me more than the labour!

My question:- Is anyone worried about how they will cope in those first few hours when you take the baby home? It terrifies me more than the labour!

I'm not so worried about coping with the baby, more worried about coping with the visitors! I'm not a very big people person when I am tired and don't want to have to be pasting on a smile and be the perfect host for hours on end. A girl I know who has got a baby said she told all people certain visiting times for them to come over and if they didn't like it, then not to come.

My question is....
Do you get on with your in-laws?

Do you get on with your in-laws?

Unfortunately my husband's father dies when my husband was 7. Get on with mother in law very well (unusual i know!) we live just round the corner from her which is fine but we keep our distances at times so think thats how it works so well! its going to be handy when we need a sitter!

my question: are you going to use disposable or re useable nappies? :?: :!:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back