Gallbladder op right on fertile window ?

lillith112

Reaction score
So I missed February fertile window due to partner being away, af arrives in around 10 days. To my horror I got my gallbladder op letter today (been waiting 7 months). Even worse is the fact it falls right on the day I will probably get a positive opk. I am gutted but I've already spoken to my partner about possible self insemination after if not in too much pain or he might quick dip and finish inside, sorry if tmi lol. I am determined not to miss this one as times ticking for me. I expect everyone thinks I'm mad lol, you're probably right �� x

Last edited:
Firstly, I hope the op goes well.

Secondly, I lol'd reading the whole 'dip and finish' bit!

Maybe see what a doctor says. If you're on pain relief and brings it may not be the best thing, but equally I see why you're looking for alternatives. Can't you get down to it the days running up to the op and see what happens with the whole 'it lives on after the dip and finish' thing? Haha x

Firstly, I hope the op goes well.

Secondly, I lol'd reading the whole 'dip and finish' bit!

Maybe see what a doctor says. If you're on pain relief and brings it may not be the best thing, but equally I see why you're looking for alternatives. Can't you get down to it the days running up to the op and see what happens with the whole 'it lives on after the dip and finish' thing? Haha x

Pmsl, errm, I dont think the Dr would be too impressed if I say is sex ok straight after the op lol, well it would just be one dip and finish lol, ahh man the things we will do to ttc, yes hopefully we will dtd the night before the op, but my most fertile days will be on the actual op day or just after, hence me thinking syringe to self inseminate might be a good option depending on how much pain I'm in. Hahaha I'm a crackpot lol x

Is your body going to heal quick enough to deal with the body changes of early pregnancy? Also I'm not sure if anesthesia can effect things. Might be worth asking Dr how this will effect you conceiving this month!

Is your body going to heal quick enough to deal with the body changes of early pregnancy? Also I'm not sure if anesthesia can effect things. Might be worth asking Dr how this will effect you conceiving this month!

Well I've read of a few ladies actually having their gallbladder out while pregnant so I wouldn't think it would be an issue as healing time is only 2-3 weeks for keyhole surgery. The likelihood of me catching that cycle after trying a year is pretty low so I'm gonna just take it day by day see how it goes. X

Dip and finish is just brilliant. I wouldn't want to miss a month either. I would research it a little bit to check if any of the drugs during op and pain relief after can cause issues and if not then I would do what needs to be done ;)

Hahaha thanks Lisey, I'm glad you like the dip and finish comment lol. I will google general anaesthetic while ttc see what it says. Thanks for your support ladies x

Argh what a nightmare ! Ok so I've had my gallbladder out and I hate hate to be the one who tells you this but I was in absolute agonny and stiff for 2 weeks after it.

So if you plan to do this the day after, its going to hurt like hell! I had laparoscopy and I couldn't sit or lie in bed properly, I fainted in my shower the day after as I was weak and in so much pain. The other half of that I slept as I was on drugs.

Please please be careful, I thought I was strong and pushed for release the next day as I wanted to get out but I wish I'd of listened and stayed in hospital.

All I can say I guess is see how you feel, but I don't think its worth the risk x

Last edited:
I will not miss a month for anything that could be the one lol. I've had my gall bladder out too and like above was in a lot of pain and stiff eat. ... but like you I was fertile so a pillow on the chest of drawers and me standing leaning on it did the job for a quick dip lol and I conceived twins like that haha. Good luck xxx

I would feel exactly the same as you Lillith, I think just do what you feel you need to do if you feel up to it.
xxx

Blimey Spiritedaway, sorry to hear you had such a bad time with your op, my friend and Aunty were in a lot of pain too, I will syringe sperm in if not up to a quick dip but no way I'm missing another month lol. Blimey lilmisshopeful that is absolutely amazing, thats given me hope now, blimey thats amazing lol. Thanks Tonks I'm glad I'm not alone in my thinking x

Argh what a nightmare ! Ok so I've had my gallbladder out and I hate hate to be the one who tells you this but I was in absolute agonny and stiff for 2 weeks after it.

So if you plan to do this the day after, its going to hurt like hell! I had laparoscopy and I couldn't sit or lie in bed properly, I fainted in my shower the day after as I was weak and in so much pain. The other half of that I slept as I was on drugs.

Please please be careful, I thought I was strong and pushed for release the next day as I wanted to get out but I wish I'd of listened and stayed in hospital.

All I can say I guess is see how you feel, but I don't think its worth the risk x

Hey Spiritedaway, I was told that keyhole gallbladder removal was done on the day, then they let you out the very same day you have the operation ? How long were they going to keep you in ? xx

Haha love the dip and finish!!! Wish my Oh would do that more often, I get very bored DTD for up to an hour each night

I too wouldn't miss the chance next month especially since you missed your fertile window this month, DTD up to your Op as sperm can survive a while and then see how you feel, self insemination may be the way to go ;)

Xxxxx

Aww thanks Clover, yep dip and finish is the way to go lol. Blimey an hour must take the energy out of you. I'm pretty lucky as my partner can DTD really quickly lol, but after 5 mins he can go on for round 2 hahaha which takes much longer. I'm just going to play it by ear, see how I feel after the op and like you said we will get a quickie in just before I go to hospital. I said to him if I'm waiting all day we could nip to the loo for a quickie too pmsl �� x

Blimey Clover I couldn't cope with that at all!
Lillith my hubby sounds like yours we argue constantly as he won't dtd until I've agreed a deal for a minimum of 2 times. He says the first time doesn't count. I find the whole thing more tiring!

Sounds like a mans dream a quickie in the hospital loo!!

Xxx

Lillith

Hope op goes well. Dip and finish : that is a brilliant idea. It will make you feel so much better as you won't miss an opportunity.

Clover... Seriously 1 hour??? That is very tiring.

Mine lasts max 10 min we sometimes do it 4x a day cause I know it will be short. x

Last edited:
Blimey Clover I couldn't cope with that at all!
Lillith my hubby sounds like yours we argue constantly as he won't dtd until I've agreed a deal for a minimum of 2 times. He says the first time doesn't count. I find the whole thing more tiring!

Sounds like a mans dream a quickie in the hospital loo!!

Xxx

Hahaha Tonks I'm glad my partner isn't the only one, he has gone on for round 3 a few times too, I don't know how he manages it. He has a very high sex drive but I do too so it's all good.
I said to him today I'm gonna take my stockings and suspenders in the hospital pmsl, he got all excited lol x

Lillith

Its really nice that you have an amazing man who agrees to do this for you!!! x

Well it seems we won't need to do the quick dip anymore because my af has shown up today a full 6 days early on cd 24 which is totally crazy, it's due to the evening primrose oil I've been taking. It actually works out really well because it means my fertile window will be just before my op ! xx

Lillith

Oh sorry it showed up so early. At least you will be able to dtd in March! And no need to dip and finish.

Have you ordered the gel?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back