Fussy with food

Lucyboo

Reaction score
The past few days my lg who is almost 10 months old wont let me spoon feed her. I have to keep finding finger foods I can give her which is fine as she happily feeds herself most things apart from we don't have a kitchen right now so can't prepare her proper foods. Hoping it's either a phase or teething as still no teeth yet. Has anyone else experienced this??

Have you tried giving her the spoon to feed herself? X

I would but she just throws the bowl on the floor with the food in it. Would be OK if it wasn't on carpet. Lol

Buy a cheap shower curtain or old double sheet to put under the highchair to catch any foods being thrown/spilt. Or try holding the bowl still whilst she scoops the food out. My LO had her own spoon from 6-7 months with meals, I would also have a spoon and sneak some in. Sometimes it worked, others it didn't but generally she ate better feeding herself. Have you changed the food lately you've been spoon feeding? X

Alex is doing the same thing. He would rather feed himself and I try to give him one finger food meal a day but he's quite tall and skinny so needs his food so he gets a hot meal at least once a day which is a disaster if I give him a spoon! He seems to be eating better at nursery so I'm hoping that encourages him to eat better at home x

Lucie was adamant she had to feed herself from about 7 months. I used 2 spoons, hers and mine and while she was faffing with the bowl, I would spoon it in her mouth and she never really realised. Have you seen the suction bowls you can get for high chairs? These were brill when I used them. X

I'm going to have to try letting my Lo spoon feed herself. She's 11 months and will let me spoon feed porridge but nothing else. So far she's been useless with a spoon but if kids younger are managing I'm going to give her another try. Also my Lo can manage to eat things like shepherds pie and bolognaise with her fingers. It's messy but do able

I've tried letting her spoon feed herself but mouth would not even open with me trying to sneak some in, I'm going to try and trick tomorrow as she lets me feed her pudding so will try alternating lol, we are close to getting her first tooth I think at last, really suffering :(
I have the suction bowls but they don't stick, she lashes her arm out and it's off. I have changed 1-2 pouches, she loved her Ella's but even refused one of those, I'll try her fave lasagne tomorrow see how we get on. Thanks everyone.

My son would not eat whilst teething, every single stage of it and it seemed to come every week or two when one or two were coming through, like in stages while it was coming through the gum! But literally point blank refuse to eat and just wanting bottle all the time.

Have you tried anything like teething gel prior to feeding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back