fussy baby..

mummyoftwo12

Reaction score
My lb is now just over 5 weeks and he hasn't been too bad on formula apart from colic I had to change to doctor brown bottles and I use infacol in every bottle which seams to work..at around 4 weeks old he would literally scream the place down from 8pm till 9.20 and nothing would settle him he seamed in pain but I litterally tried everything you could think of but it was strange as at around 9.20 he would just stop he would seam fine and would go to sleep..thankfully this only lasted around 5 days but I still panic on a night time around 8 just incase haha..anyways he has always seamed fussy after a bottlle even if he has brought wind up he fidgits for a good 20 minuted before he settles but since yesterday he has brought quite a bit of his bottle up and last night after his feeds he would be fisgity for around an hour before he would settle..I litterally had around 3 hours sleep if that..I was thinking about changing the brand of formula to see if that would make a difference..anyone have any advice on this?

It really sounds like reflux to me. The fussing after a bottle can be acid coming back up from the stomach, causing him discomfort. Even if he doesn't sick up after every feed, some might be coming back up slightly, again causing him discomfort. Before thinking of changing formula, I would take him to see the doctor who might recommend infant gavisgon. You can get anti-reflux milk, but you can't add infant gavisgon to this, so try him on the gavisgon first.

When feeding him try to keep him as upright as possible and also keep him as upright as long as you can after a feed. I either sit my LO in his bouncer or carry him around upright after a feed. He might also not like being laid completely flat, so try to either raise his matress or let him sleep somewhere where he's more upright, like a bouncer or car seat.

My LO had colic - it started at a couple of weeks old - and I tried infacol, colief, gripe water and lastly comfort milk. With the infacol, I found the colic didn't completely go, so he was still a little windy / fidgety / tearful.

Comfort milk was recommended by some lovely ladies on here and within 24 hours, he was a different baby...within 48 hours, he stopped fussing / crying completely :)

Comfort milk doesnt work for every baby though - so its more a case of going with your instinct really.

I wouldnt recommend colief - it is expensive and prepping bottles precisely in advance is a pain in the bum!! It also didnt have any effect on my LO.

xxx

My LO had colic - it started at a couple of weeks old - and I tried infacol, colief, gripe water and lastly comfort milk. With the infacol, I found the colic didn't completely go, so he was still a little windy / fidgety / tearful.

Comfort milk was recommended by some lovely ladies on here and within 24 hours, he was a different baby...within 48 hours, he stopped fussing / crying completely :)

Comfort milk doesnt work for every baby though - so its more a case of going with your instinct really.

I wouldnt recommend colief - it is expensive and prepping bottles precisely in advance is a pain in the bum!! It also didnt have any effect on my LO.

xxx

You don't need to use colief with comfort milk anyway. Colief breaks down the lactose in the milk, so there's less in it. Comfort milk has less lactose in it anyway.

xxx

You don't need to use colief with comfort milk anyway. Colief breaks down the lactose in the milk, so there's less in it. Comfort milk has less lactose in it anyway.

I didnt use colief in comfort milk and wasnt recommending it either - as they both pretty much do the same thing.

I was just going through the 4 different options that I tried :) x

thanks ladies well i tried sma comfort milk today and it seams to have made him worse :(..im not sure what to do..weather i should continue with the comfort milk or change him back to sma gold :/ xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back