funeral home/ mortuary job advice

misssparkles

Reaction score
Hi ladies since a young age I have wanted to persue my career in a funeral home preparing the deceased or a mortuary technician

If any of you have worked in this setting or partners that do any advice would be appreciated

Xx

have you inquired at any funeral homes?

my brother was an undertaker for several years. In Canada you have to go to university to become one but rather frighteningly here... anyone can walk off the street and be trained on the job.

Xx

Tapatalking :-D Can't see tickers...

I have no advice but wow you're brave that's not something i'd go for lol. I wish you all the luck!! I guess you'd have to go to a funeral home and ask xx

My friends dad was very high up in the co-op chain. Having run his own chain of funeral homes. I considered it for a wee while. Go and see if you can speak to some local funeral parlours. There are apprentice type things you can do, and obviously there are big differences between how an independent one would start this in comparison to somewhere like co-op

This is something I am interested in too, thanks for the links likejohnnyoko :)

My dream job was/is to be a pathologist and work in a morgue, I have all the necessary qualifications to start at the bottom but it's just such a hard field to get into so thats still a work in progress for me.

Have had the chance to see an autopsy and that whilst at uni which was AMAZING

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back