Fundal height confusion feeling stressed!!!

nikki_craig

Reaction score
Haya,

I had my 25 week appointment with the midwife yesterday, when she measured my FH it measured 24 which is a cm out, my hospital notes have a personalised chart in them based on my age weight and previous pregnancies for the FH to be recorded on, when the 24cm is marked in the chart it is well below the 5th centile, which means baby is usually small to what he should be, my midwife has written in my notes that its a concern and she will continue to monitor.

After pondering over the chart last night I noticed it had information written on the back of it to let the midwife know in what circumstances growth scans should be offered based on we're the markers are, and according to the chart if my first FH measurement is charted below the 5th centile then I should be sent for a growth scan.

I hope this is making sense lol, I have thought for a few weeks now that my baby was small because I am tiny if I didn't want people to know I am pregnant I could very easily get away with it, I'm panicking and worrying now :(

Any advise would be gratefully received :)

Thanks xx

Hey chicken
I did midwifery and the guidelines state u shouldn't be measured before 28 weeks.
Also the average Is 2cm under or over how many weeks you are.
Measuring 24cm at 25 weeks is good!!! Don't panic chicken baby will be measuring fine x

I had my 25 week appointment yesterday and I also measured 24cm.

I get told I'm really small so I was getting concerned I did ask my mw and she said I was measuring fine :) xx

I had mine last week and measured 25 so midwife said it was bang on - so your not that much smaller so try not to worry. Dont forget we are not a textbook - everyone and her baby is different x

I just had my 25 week appointment and midwife doesnt measure me until 28 weeksx

yea I wouldn't worry either it does say 2 cm either way

I just had my 25 week apt and she measured me I came in at bang on 25 which she recorded in the green notes, it's 1 cm not alot in the grand scheme of things

yeah im not getting measured til 28 weeks, 2cm either way is fine and for just 1 measurement they wouldnt get worried, if you consistantly measure well under then they will send for a scan

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back