Fully cooked and waiting for labour to start?

buggy1

Reaction score
Is anyone else at the fully cooked stage and impatiently waiting for labour to start?

I am really starting to symptom spot for early signs of labour! It is like being in the dreaded 2ww to see if you get a BFP isn't it!? Except this could last 3-5 weeks :shock:

Just wondering if anyone else is driving themselves nuts looking out for signs, thinking about it all the time, can't focus on anything else ....

I've been googling for things to look out for :wall2:

Yes me me me!!! Haha I'm fed up already and not even passed my due date yet...! I've had no signs at all except the odd bit of period type cramp but that I've had for a while now and is normally just at night. My bump is still really high too, I get up every morning and look in the mirror to see if its dropped lol and constantly checking to see if any of my plug has come away every time I go to the loo! I'm at midwife in an hour and praying she says the head is engaged!! I'm just soooo desperate to not be induced as I really want a water birth! Our babies will come when they're ready though I suppose haha xx

Aw hehe - I really want a water birth too!

My bump has definitely dropped and the head is engaged but my googling has made me all too aware that it doesn't mean anything and she could still be late :(

I know they will come when they are ready and we shouldn't rush them but I am just soooo impatient. I want to hug my baby!

Same here!! Everything is washed, bags packed, Moses baskets are clean and ready to be slept in and I'm just dying to kiss her little cheeks hehe! Gutting how those things don't necessarily mean anything :( still must mean a slightly better chance though?! Haha. I need to start bouncing on my ball more and get some of that clary sage oil stuff xx

Every little thing I get, I Google. Any sharp pain or twinge makes me wonder!! I need to stop as I still have 3.5 weeks to go till my due date and if I go to 42 weeks, I still have more than a month to go!! I'm constantly on plug watch as well. I can definitely feel pressure lower down now, so I think baby has dropped, but knowing my luck it's just wishful thinking!!

Congratulations on being fully cooked :) xx

haha you sound like me, every little twitch or pain i hope is the start of things and always checking for plug coming away! X

Ohh yes. I had strong bh the other night then nothing I get pains in back and aches like period then nothing I have been bouncing on my ball drinking my rlt but nope nothing. I get pains in my lady bits sometimes enough to make me call out but again nothing. So Defo symptom spotting. Hoping that il get my show n waters will break then baby time soon I don't want to go over am also doing my daily walks in hope that moves baby onwards n outwards lol x

Yessss meeee !! lol. I had some mega tightenings and period pains a couple of nights ago and was thinking it could be the day but they soon wore off later in the evening and I'm still here waiting :-(

My bump is still quite high and I don't think ut's dropped at all and I had an antenatal yday and mw said head isn't engaged at all but because this isn't my first baby, it can engage and then come out again many times until labour starts so I know it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

And I'm checking tissue every time I go to the loo lol. What's made it worse is everyone I know has been saying I'll have her early so think I've been thinking that too, but I've just got a feeling I'll go over by at least a week now. Oh well just gonna try and savour this last bit of time with it just being me and her and feeling her squirming around inside me :) xx

yea im exactly like this! i think its just a case of waiting game...u can try all the methods n it will keep u busy and you can examine every twinge n stuff but at the end of the day when its labour we will def know about it!! hopefully the time will fly in :)

Me toooo! I'm due this saturday and have tried to be patient since finishing work at 38 weeks. I went to the shops earlier and the lady said that she could see it in my face that I wouldnt be long...I mean wtf?

BUT, if that's a sign that Ollie is on his way, I'll take it.
Wont be long ladies and we'll have our little ones with us xxx

Yup - 41weeks tomorrow and still no sign of baby making an appearance :-(. Starting to think it will never happen now lol x

I was 37 weeks this tuesday and although this is considered safe and full term I do not consider this fully cooked (for my babies). I considere fully cooked 40-41 weeks and I am not impatient at all. I'd rather have baby around 40 weeks and have a nice chubby one (instead of now).

The only downside is that My belly itches like hell and stretch are appearing super soon now every day more.

Some random lady at Tesco yesterday stopped me and said it looks like my baby is ready to come out! haha I hope she was right!

I'm 37+ 5 and I'm constantly symptom watching. My oh is convinced I'll go soon but that's not based in anything other than wishful thinking. He's off work until I'm 42 weeks so it would fab if I go soon so he's got plenty time with baby, by I just don't think it's gonna happen. What's everyone doing to get things moving along?

10 days overdue here, i've given up waiting lol.

Just waiting to be induced on Sunday now!

I'm 37+ 5 and I'm constantly symptom watching. My oh is convinced I'll go soon but that's not based in anything other than wishful thinking. He's off work until I'm 42 weeks so it would fab if I go soon so he's got plenty time with baby, by I just don't think it's gonna happen. What's everyone doing to get things moving along?

Everything lol. Spicey food. And tonnes of fruit.vdrinking rlt. Freezing rlt into icecubes too and putting it in my summer fruits squash actually quite nice that way too. Walking bouncing on ball, tried sex but I can't always seem to manage it as uncomfy and sore. Nipple play supposed to help but mine are extra sensitive at min and honestly don't want him or me touching them! They are now just Reserved for baby LOL tryin to not moan and to be positive as I recon that helps too x

I'm not really doing anything just ball bouncing, but that's mainly to make sure baby is in good position for labour more than anything. I would go for some long walks too but it's just so hot and I feel too uncomfortable and couldn't really walk that far anyway with my groin pain :-(

So just trying to chill out and enjoy this last bit of time being pregnant cos I will miss my bump when it goes. I don't actually really believe anything brings on labour - it will happen when it's meant to happen, tho there certainly isn't anything wrong in trying xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back