Full previa, bedrest advice

Discussion in 'High Risk Pregnancy' started by Ash Thurman, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Ash Thurman

Ash Thurman New Member

hello, I have a full placenta previa. I'm currently 28 weeks. I was put on bed rest and termed extremely high risk because I had bleeding about 3 weeks ago. I had an appointment yesterday and asked if swimming and baths were out of the question and my doctor said absolutely no baths, but she didn't say no swimming. So, is swimming out of the question? I'm not sure. What do you guys think?

2. WinterWolf

WinterWolf Well-Known Member

When you’re on bed rest swimming is 100% out of the question, along with any other kind of exercise. If you can’t do it in bed, you can’t do it lol

night owl and Kitana like this.
  3. Kitana

Kitana Moderator

I agree, no swimming!x

4. Princess81

Princess81 Well-Known Member

With full praevia you really don't want to be doing anything much. No baths means absolutely no swimming either, especially with a recent episode of bleeding. Sadly it is a high risk situation - so just try to take it as easy as possible x

5. night owl

night owl Well-Known Member

If you can’t have a bath then obviously you can’t go swimming either

If you’ve been classed as extremely high risk I really wouldn’t even be contemplating doing exercise of any kind